Black Dogg

Manuals For Old Shoe Patchers

If you have an old shoe patcher and you are looking for the manual give this link a try: www.altenaehmaschine.de .

Click on "Bedienungsanleitungen" and it will show on the left side which ones are there to view; currently there's Adler Class 30, Singer 29K, Duerkopp and Claes.

Yes, the site is in German, as are the Manuals, but even if you can't read them or find an old Kraut like me to translate them for you the pictures can sometimes help you out just by themselves. I had been looking for a manual for my Duerkopp 18-1 and finally found it there.

The Owner of the site, Mr. Lars Bethke, has a shop that specializes in fixing and restoring old patchers and even sells some parts online. Also, there are a few nice pictures of "Works-in-progress" and fully restored machines. He is also looking for other manuals that might still be out there so he can put them up on his website for everyone to see.

Enjoy!

Black Dogg

HI Black Dog,

Really can't tell you how pleased I am that you've posted the links to these manuals. I have the Singer and Adler versions but have been looking for years, even on the German sites, for the old Durrkopp and Colibri Elastik manuals. I have a number of these old machines and have also sold some and have had to make up my own manuals for buyers, with photos of threading up and threading the bobbin cases.

My collection is now 95 strong and I'm in the process of getting it to museum status, so am over the moon to get these manuals.

Thank you so much again.

Manuals I can supply that have not been previously available.....

Champion, Pearson No 6, Landis #1, Adler 20 series, Singer 132K6, Singer 45K, BUSMC A1, BUSMC Pilot.

Manuals I still would like...

Randall, Campbell Bosworth, Bauer, Landis #3 and #16, Pearson no 2, other Champion manuals, Cyclone User manual, Singer 133K8 and 17, Singer Darners (133K....), National Harness Machine.

Regards and Thanks Steve

Steve,

You are a great man preserving these old machines. I believe they hold their place in American History and contributed to the success of this country. I do the little I can to do the same it be nice if everyone would help you get these manuals since you show these machines for pleasure. Thanks Black Dogg for sharing that link with us if we all pitched in a manual this forum would become priceless!

Ralph

Thanks Ralph, you wouldn't believe just how quickly I printed out those Claes and Durkopp manuals and also saved them to disk. As you know we have a number of remanufactured pearson no 6 parts now, for example the flywheel handle and the rein rounder attachment. Someone sent me a foto a rein rounder attachment for another machine a while back and I stupidly lost the foto, if anyone has a rein rounder attachment for any machine other than a Pearson I'd love to see it. As these attachments are hard to get for most machines we have an idea of making a universal one.. but need to see some more examples before jumping in.

Black Dogg, I just love those manuals, they are the originals, not cleaned up, rescanned, soulless ones.

Regards Steve

Steve,

I sent you a brochure I received from Campbell there it has pictures of different attachments including a rein rounder illustration. Also I ordered the Randall manual from the website I had shared with you earlier so I'm expecting it in the mail it also looks like a very good copy of the original it has the patina yellow looking color. I will share it with you once I receive it I emailed Ron for the Landis manuals so I will let you know when I talk to him. It be nice if this thread drops in a few more relic manuals..... God Bless! Ralph

Steve,

I think a universal rein rounder attachment can be completed most people will use them on a Campbell Lockstitch, Campbell Cyclone they use the same one, Pearson 6, Landis 3 which is almost the same as the Campbell, Randall which is the same as Campbell, Landis 1 similar to the Pearson 6, Landis 16 and Union Lockstitch similar I think, if you get enough of these attachments I think you can come up with something I am going to order one for the Campbell on Friday so ill take detailed pics when I receive it for you to view.

Ralph

HI Ralph, just a quickie reply its 5am, we're off to an antiques fair with my bros, so will chat more on my return. Ron emailed me from leatherpros so am hoping to get those manuals from him and also forward them to you. Regards Steve

Gentlemen,

thank you for the praise, but I merely posted the link here. All credit is due to Mr. Bethke and his website, I just happened upon it while looking.

Steve, if you would please email him (he has contact info on the website) and let him know about the other manuals you have. I'm sure he'll gladly include them. Also, in regards to the Randall and Campbell-Bosworth manuals, have you tried to contact the company? They are now called Campbell-Randall (www.campbell-randall.com) and their customer service reps are one of the friendliest people I've ever talked to. They were the folks who helped me find the right needles for my Duerkopp.

Ralph, you're right about everyone contributing to the forum; it would be sort of a clearinghouse for manuals that would help a lot of collectors and restorers.

You can also leave a note on Mr. Bethke's visitor log, just click on "Gaestebuch".

Black Dogg

Will do Black Dogg,

Campbell Randall does have the manual for the Campbell Lockstitch but its about 30 dollars well worth it since you get it binded, but we are trying to get then here from other members, if we don't get a response from other members in a few days I will go ahead and purchase the manual and make it so other members can have it as well. That's why I sent Johana a PM asking her if we can have an owners manual archive here on the forum but no response yet. It's only been a couple of days so she might be busy I will contact her again in a few days. Anyone else out there with Landis, Champion, National, Bauer, Campbell, manuals. We will really appreciate it. I know I don't own all these machines but I like to read and learn about them and if the design of one peaks my interest I hunt it down and purchase it. God Bless! Ralph

Hi Black Dogg..thanks for posting the link..priceless!