Sign in to follow this  
K-Man

Leather Tannery In Kentucky

I heard today that there is a leather tannery in Kentucky. I know they do veg tan and latigo, not sure what others. Does anyone know who these folks are and where they're located?

This, maybe? Can't find a website for them, and one page I saw listed it as a 1-man company.

http://www.manta.com...oak-leather-llc

Edited by woodandsteel

Do a search for Moser Leather Co. and when you are on their website click on their price list. Read their story and maybe you will find info helpful to your search.

Triple C Leather in Morgantown, Kentucky?

Triple C or American Leather Direct is in Morgantown; but if you want to visit their tannery you will have to travel to Mexico.They have supposedly great quality leather tanned from U.S. steer hides. I remember when they started Triple C and the staff should really know their way around leather because the founders came from the old Caldwell Lace Leather.

Another possibility for you is Thoroughbred Leather in Louisville. They also have their leather tanned in Mexico using U.S. hides; and again are known to supply good quality leather. If memory serves, Triple C doesn't have a minimum but Thoroughbred does.

Triple C's leather looks to be tanned by Chahin Leather in Mexico, for what it's worth, but it looks like a top-notch facility.

http://www.chahinlea...mx/history.html

Are there other actual tanneries in the US other than Hermann Oak and W&C?

Edited by woodandsteel

Yes, there are several still up and running but not all sell directly to the small time end user. Some sell to the small shop owners through distributors while others tan exclusively for large corporations.