Sign in to follow this  
particle

Pancake - Sig P238

Here's a holster I finally made for the little Sig P238. I'm very happy with the way the holster came out, but not at all happy with the black edging at the muzzle opening and around the sweat shield - I wish I would have left those particular edges natural, as it's too hard to get a nice sharp line over that small of an area. The more I tried to clean up the line, the wider it got and encroached too far onto each face of the leather. The more I hold the little Sig P238, the more I love it. It's a great little pistol!

IMG2749-L.jpg

IMG2748-L.jpg

IMG2751-L.jpg

I've had sloppier died edges - don't be so analytical. Your work is always good but the natural backed holsters I've seen you do are some of my favorites!

Yeah, I've had sloppier dyed edges too.

As in, ALL of them....

That's a gorgeous piece of work, particle!

Looks great particle, I know exactally what you mean about trying to clean up the line and it just ends up getting wider. Dont beat yourself up over it! even though i say that i still beat myself up over it hahaha. Perfectionist curse?

Great looking holster, as usual, and a great weapon, as usual, makes a great looking and using platform.

Keep posting, I love the ideas you give me.You_Rock_Emoticon.gif

And yes I own the same pistol. Gonna emulate your holster. think maybe oxblood?

Thanks

Kevin

Great looking holster particle. The only critique I have is that is too curvy You need some angles in there. :blink::P

All kidding aside that looks really good. I hope to be able to do them that well with time.

Michael

Edited by mlapaglia

Thanks for the compliments everyone - I guess as the creator we can tend to be overly critical of the finished product. I've had a few occasions where I've gotten a little black dye on the faces of the holster accidentally, either by splattering or dye that transferred to my finger tips. Every time, I've taken a photo of the holster and sent it to the customer to see if they wanted me to remake it - all were perfectly happy with it as-is.

I had the same thing happen with one of my pink holsters, and the customer accepted it as is. i knocked $10 off though because i didnt feel right charging full price. We are only human :)

:specool: .... that's all I got to say 'bout that