Sign in to follow this  
cappadk

Is This To Expect Of Std Grade Leather..

Hi guys

I ordered 2 hides from W&C - std grade, ive had it split and refinished the back. But im wondering if the back is supposed

to look like this. I thought they would finish it just like their samples are. Please take a look at the pictures, i would like your opinion

before i contact W&C.

Im not trying to bash them, im just wondering if this is what i can expect from my future orders from them. Ive previously bought smaller

strips of W&C bridle from stores like outfitterssupply, which were much better looking then what i have received. Ive also attached a image of the front

side which i think has quite many "wrinkles" - the image of the front side is the best part.

Thanks.

post-25311-013320600 1335737056_thumb.jp

post-25311-049427500 1335737310_thumb.jp

Never had the back finished. I just got a hide of skirting split from 10/12 to 8/9. My back was very smooth and had some of the color patterns you have. Mine was not dyed so less noticable. As for the top, the wavy lines you see may be the grain. Is it really fleshy, soft in those areas? Because that would tell me it's belly and not back. Try sending them the pictures and have them call you. They are very good at returning calls.

Jon

What type of leather is this and what is the split thickness? Also, what kind of finishing did you have them do to the flesh side?

Andrew

Bluesman: Its sides, when i wrote back i meant backside, sorry tor being confusing :)

Yes i do intend to call them, and their service have been exceptional, especially considering their size.

Andrew: Its bridle leather - sides - and i had it split to 3.5mm, thats close to 9 oz. I didnt ask for a specific finishing, i assumed they would finish it

the way ex. their samples are. Or is that named something else?