Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

project hoist

Does anyone know of something that could function as a project hoist that would free up both of my hands to hold large items I'm stitching. Currently I'm using a small table or a chair with books or pillows to position large objects. Perhaps there's something designed specifically for this task.

Ed

P2280021.JPGED.....MORE R & D IS CALLED FOR. YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO OPT. FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS..

post-1906-1210900305_thumb.jpg

Edited by Luke Hatley

Ed, I use an eyebolt in the ceiling, bungee cord for flexability, lead shank chain with snap for adjustability and a stout leather lace to hold whatever I am working on. Its not the purtiest thing on earth, but it helps out. Kevin

Ed, I use an eyebolt in the ceiling, bungee cord for flexability, lead shank chain with snap for adjustability and a stout leather lace to hold whatever I am working on. Its not the purtiest thing on earth, but it helps out. Kevin

I was thinking about something along these lines. Thanks.

Luke: I'd still need to be able to run the project through my heavy stitcher.

Ed

ED. now i understand............stiching with the sewing machine.......Kevin has the right idea, you'll get it figured out

or as a Cordwainer, your going to have to get an apprentience..........

Edited by Luke Hatley

ED. now i understand............stiching with the sewing machine.......Kevin has the right idea, you'll get it figured out

or as a Cordwainer, your going to have to get an apprentience..........

an apprentice or do as I do sometimes, use the wife!

Tony.

It seems like it should be easy enough to devise something that attaches to the machine table, rises, turns 90 degrees above the machine head, and extends past the the machine's face plate. Maybe threaded metal pipe with an elbow where necessary.

For now, though, a chair and pillows will have to suffice. It's not too bad. A wife's a good idea, too. I'll have to look into getting one of those, but first the anvil.

ed