Cyberthrasher

Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster Pickguard

I'm still not super happy with the halos around it. Should have done some backgrounding. Oh well. The customer loves it and it's already turned into a few more orders, so it must be a success.

post-22094-0-16719400-1389118374_thumb.j

That looks really good. I need to dust off my old strat and see what I can do for it. How do you attach it? Just with screws or is there some type of adhesive or something involved?

That looks really good. I need to dust off my old strat and see what I can do for it. How do you attach it? Just with screws or is there some type of adhesive or something involved?

Just screws. This particular model doesn't carry any of the electronics.

I'm working on finding a good product to use as a stiffener for Strats and other models that will have more stuff hanging by the pickguard.

I was just about to ask if you backed it with anything but then read your last post. If you find a good solution, let me know. I just picked up a few pick guards from my dad so I could use them as templates.

Could you use an old pick guard and just cover it with your leather work?

it would be pretty thick that way

You have to remember that you need clearance for lowering the action. There are aluminum heat shields available for stratocasters and some other models. I'm looking for a reliable source of rigid ABS with thinner dimensions than the pickguard material.

it would be pretty thick that way

You have to remember that you need clearance for lowering the action. There are aluminum heat shields available for stratocasters and some other models. I'm looking for a reliable source of rigid ABS with thinner dimensions than the pickguard material.

Ahh...makes sense. Thanks for the answers. Your work looks good!