Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

His Honor "the" Chip

We had Collie dogs since I can remember. A few other "Hines Dogs" thrown in there once in awhile but mostly Collies. We raised Collies for several years while the kids were young.

We had to have our 14 year old Collie put down in January because of many severe health issues. We took her to the vet with her crying the entire ride. When the girl came out to the truck to take her inside Bessie looked up at me, cried, and licked my face. I shall never forget those few moments. Soft old man I guess.

Told my wife that I didn't know how long I could go without a dog, she agreed. We began checking out different breeds soon and I decided I wanted a Tri Color Sheltie, daughter and wife really wanted a Sable.

I found a breeder in norther Ohio that would have a litter ready to go by March 15th. Just four in the litter, breeder contacted me to say she had two other folks coming to look at the puppies while they were just four weeks old to decide which they wanted. We selected one from a photo, which I never do, brought him home on the 15th of March at eight weeks old.

We have had three male dogs named CHIP. Our family business is in the woodworking field so the name CHIP came up again. Breeder began calling him by name at about five weeks so he knew who he was. He weighed just under five pounds and now at twelve weeks he is at eight plus and stands ten inches at the shoulders. He will stand between fourteen and sixteen inches and weigh about twenty plus pounds when a year old.

CHIP is very intelligent, has a schedule he likes to follow almost every day and night, loves to play and investigate outside, hasn't found a human he doesn't like, and he is beautiful. Thought some of you might enjoy a couple photos of "HIS HONOR the CHIP".

post-15740-0-95094900-1397227081_thumb.jpost-15740-0-59188100-1397227111_thumb.j