stanly

Sew Inside Fingers Of Gloves?

I have these glove that seem to be pretty nice and a name brand, BUT the lining keeps pulling out. I've seen other gloves with a couple stitches to hold the lining in place, but it's been done with a machine. Any ideas on how I could fix this myself?

You may need to turn the gloves wrong side out to repair them.

Still have the gloves sitting on shelf...

am I missing something in the above reply?

Don't I still need to get inside the finger (once the glove are turned - the non lined part) to put a couple stitches through the 2 sides?

(Add that this is a floating liner, not one where it's captured in the seams and has pulled loose.)

You either need to remove the liner first and reattach after, sew through the liner, or repair from the outside with some advanced needle work.

the way i am reading his first post, his gloves aren't in need of repair. he's saying the lining comes out of the glove when you remove them because it is "floating" inside the glove...not attached to the leather part except around the wrist.

just turn them inside out and put in a couple of stitches at the end of each finger through the lining and the seam of the leather to hold the lining in place. pretty easy mod.

Edited by LTC

I'll have to try this, if I understand correctly you're saying to turn the fingers in a kind of "short finger" position.

I've also got a cheap pair of gloves where the factory bar tacked the liner and I'll post up a pic of one if we still aren't communicating.

Edited by stanly

i have no idea what you mean by "short finger position"

what i said to do is turn the gloves completely inside out. and the liners too. then put a couple of stitches at the tip of each finger through the liner and the leather (through the seam) at the end of each finger to hold the liner in place.

i am not understanding what is ambiguous in those directions.

Guess maybe I'm dense/ looking for an easy way, because only turning the gloves just seems to give the same problem only witha different material on the outside.

I'll get pics up showing things, till then I'm working on patcher.

if you follow my directions you won't have "the same problem with a different material on the outside"...the lining and leather outer glove would be attached at the tips of the fingers.