What are the pros and cons of these grommet-setting tools?

• C.S. Osborne plain washer grommet setter (the kind with the cone-shaped anvil) - each size grommet requires one of these plus a hole cutter
  • Stimpson 405 grommet press - each size grommet requires a die set, but no cutter (if used with Stimpson self-cutting grommets

I will probably use two grommet sizes: 0 and 1, and will not be setting grommets every day. This is for waxed canvas items to be sold in an Etsy shop. My husband may also use the tool for leather items.

I use the Osborne's and they work fine punch a hole stick the grommet in put the top on give it a whack and your done.

Thanks for your comment!

I've had trouble with the Tandy setters, getting the roll off-center and mangled time after time. The Osborne system, with the long pointy tip, looks like it might get better results. Is that your experience?

The Osborne one's are all i have ever used and they work great.

We also use the Osborn and they work fine.In our shop we also use a Heritage foot press that works very well but you are limited as to what you can get under the throat,as in bunching up material..

These posts have me leaning toward the Osborn grommet setters.