Tarawhite

Leather Molds/moulds Wood Preferred

Hi... Looking for someone to custom make some leather moulds for my own handbag designs. The moulds would be in the form of a thick block that a person would drape wet leather over to dry to the form. I see them on Ebay from China, I would rather support my USA craftsman. Anyone make these for a hobby or profession?

Gratitude,

~Tara

I would think that you could locate a local woodworker in your town to do these. Shipping can add up. Plus, you could meet face to face to work the details out.

That's what I have done BIGGUN when I didn't want to or couldn't make my own. It is not hard to find a good woodworker, and freight does certainly add up.

Thanks guys! I live in a pretty remote area on the Washington coast. The nearest small town is 12 miles away and it doesn't even have a main street. The next nearest is 30 miles away.... and everything along here is pretty much just oyster related. With flat rate pricing on USPS shipping(across usa), I am willing to invest in the right person. If you know anyone, give me a shout. :)

Even if you are in a remote town there should be someone in the area who can do these. Woodworking is a common hobby. The reason I would pursue locally is that it is just easier to deal with than someone across the country. Unless you have a very clear blueprint there is going to be some interpretation of the design. If you can talk with the person face to face it is much easier. Who knows, you may even make a new friend. A highschool woodshop could even do these. For me 30 miles is nothing-I drive 100 miles to work every day.

Hi Biggun... Thanks for the advice. I am having professional drawings made for the form, so have that covered. You sound like a well connected guy. I sell mainly on the internet, which enables me to live in a beautiful setting, but lacks the socialization that one would get from a 9-5 job. I certainly would entertain the idea of a local making them for me though. Love to support local...