Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

latest briefcase

That is a very handsome bag. Wish I could see it again in 20 years... I bet it will be even better then.

Thanks for sharing.

Kate

i always enjoy seeing your bags!

they always look to be well put together

very nice!!

Here's my latest briefcase.

Ed.... that is a fine looking Bag. Have you got your time down

as to how many Hours you have in one Bag? :beer:

That looks really nice. I agree with Kate, that bag will look killer in 20 years with some miles on it. You're edges are getting much better. Really good work.

Here's my latest briefcase.

Ed

Super looking briefcase Ed....you can be proud of that!

Dave Theobald

Ed,

You've got a great looking bag there. Do you line all your straps or sew for decorative purpose?

Regis

Very nice! Those just look cool.

What I like about that briefcase is the fact that it is the perfect traveling companion, and has every detail, down to a way to catch an umbrella and jacket in the straps. Oh, yeah, and it looks good, too. :)

Nice, Ed! Keep pounding, you're turning out some really fine work. Do you need a website yet?

Johanna

I saw the D rings, and wondered, too. Then I saw the second picture, hit myself upside the head and said, "Brilliant!" A briefcase like that will hold your laptop, a change of clothes and everything one needs for a day or so. It looks like it belongs on the First Class section of the train, too. Take a look at the 5th pic, where it is being used a backpack.

Johanna

Hey Ed

Nice bag mate. Did you use oily chrome or veg tanned.? looks like chrome to me but hard to say from the pics.

Also could you take a couple of shots so we can see what the inside looks like.

Cheers

TK

"Way Down Under"

I saw the D rings, and wondered, too. Then I saw the second picture, hit myself upside the head and said, "Brilliant!" A briefcase like that will hold your laptop, a change of clothes and everything one needs for a day or so. It looks like it belongs on the First Class section of the train, too. Take a look at the 5th pic, where it is being used a backpack.

Johanna

This is exactly what I'm shooting for: "It looks like it belongs on the First Class section of the train, too." (sometime in the 19th or 18th century)

Thanks,

Ed

What I like about that briefcase is the fact that it is the perfect traveling companion, and has every detail, down to a way to catch an umbrella and jacket in the straps. Oh, yeah, and it looks good, too. :)

Nice, Ed! Keep pounding, you're turning out some really fine work. Do you need a website yet?

Johanna

I've got a very, very,very basic website that I need to revise. It's just right now I'd like to try to use my time to make one bag every two days. I think I'm down to no more than 15 hours a bag. Would still like to get it down to eight.

Ed

www.waldenbags.com (The site has only my old style bag, which I'm no longer interested in making.)

Hey Ed

Nice bag mate. Did you use oily chrome or veg tanned.? looks like chrome to me but hard to say from the pics.

Also could you take a couple of shots so we can see what the inside looks like.

Cheers

TK

"Way Down Under"

I've been wondering the same thing. It seems like an oily chrome veg retanned, which I like to call Latigo. It seems that in the industry you can call leather nearly whatever you want.

Ed

That looks really great.

Out of curiosity, what are the D rings at the bottom for?

The two on the bottom at the back are for securing the shoulder strap for use as a backpack strap. Since I had to put two back there, I thought I'd put two up front as well so that you could tie things to the bottom of the bag: sleeping pad, inflatable chair, blanket, grocery bags, water bottles, parkas, etc.

Ed

Ed,

You've got a great looking bag there. Do you line all your straps or sew for decorative purpose?

Regis

One of the main things I'm shooting for in this bag is pure function. Nothing is every merely decorative. All the straps are dual layered (2 x 2mm).

Ed

I try to use 5/6 oz, whether chrome or veg or latigo. Above that and I think the case begins to get a bit heavy.

Ed

What weight leather are you using?

Outstanding Ed, always looking forward to seeing your work.

John