I make holsters and belts, but a family member wanted me to make them a tote bag/purse. This turned out OK, but I learned a few things making it, that I will likely change the next time. The leather was almost too thick but it worked out OK in the end. She liked it and now some others want one too. Maybe I should just stick to the holsters and belts. It is 13 inches wide, 17 inches tall, 3 inches thick.

a6dce895-733b-498e-be00-e5584ff48ac2_zps

I like it, you did good,I am doing belts and holsters but my daughter wants a messenger bag so I'm going to try it my problem is the same as yours my leather is probably to thick.I hope my bag is as nice as yours, keep trying belts and holsters Is not enough.

I think it looks very nice. What kind of leather is it?

I think it looks very nice. What kind of leather is it?

Thanks!

Just some oil tanned stuff I picked up at Tandy quite a while back. It was about 8-10 oz and too thick probably, but DIL liked the color and asked me to use it, so I did. I sewed it with 277 thread, so the sucker is pretty sturdy and should last forever. When I make another ill use closer to 5 oz and do a few things different.