PcCowboy

How A Saddle Is Made.

Howdy all.

I'm new to this forum. I'm Dallas Tieking, owner of Lewis Saddle Shop of Hereford Texas. Was taught saddle making by Wilford Lewis and have been making them since 92 when I took over the shop. This being a saddle construction part of the forum I thought some might be interested in seeing a webpage I setup on how I make saddles by photos. Here is the address:

http://lewissaddleshop.com/Birth/how_to.htm

That's a wonderful tutorial you have created! Alot of people ask how do you make a saddle? This will give them a good idea how much work is actually involved in making saddles. Thanks for all your hard work!

Sandy

Of course I didn't show everything. I still have saddle makers asking me how I get the horn caps completely round.

As you well know there is alot of little things to do on a saddle that you really can't show everything! There are different ways, designs, riggings, etc........that your imagination is the only limit to making a saddle!!