Sign in to follow this  
mooshi

Sewing machine dvds?

OK so I have talked to a few dealers already and shopping around for an Industrial sewing machine. Some of the dealers have mentioned they have a dvd that comes with the sewing machine if I purchase from them. Is there any chance that any of the dealers with post their video on Youtube? It seems kind of silly to pay $2000+ for a dvd when I can watch it on Youtube and compare what I am getting for my investment.

I do have a videographer/video editor background but I just want to see what sewing machine looks easiest to set up and use. I want the most bang for my buck. Just a suggestion that I would love to see. I have seen videos made from actual users but some of the quality actually will make you dizzy! lol

Mooshi

OK so I have talked to a few dealers already and shopping around for an Industrial sewing machine. Some of the dealers have mentioned they have a dvd that comes with the sewing machine if I purchase from them. Is there any chance that any of the dealers with post their video on Youtube? It seems kind of silly to pay $2000+ for a dvd when I can watch it on Youtube and compare what I am getting for my investment.

I do have a videographer/video editor background but I just want to see what sewing machine looks easiest to set up and use. I want the most bang for my buck. Just a suggestion that I would love to see. I have seen videos made from actual users but some of the quality actually will make you dizzy! lol

Mooshi

Mooshi, welcome! I do have a DVD that will be coming out hopefully in the next 30 days. It comes with each COBRA Class 3 or COBRA Class4. It will also be available on my website to view. Thanks, Steve

Mooshi

Hi Mooshi,

Nice to see someone else with a video editing background here! I work with Raphael Sewing Machines Inc. / Techsew, all of our machines have video demonstrations up on youtube. Feel free to browse around our page! http://www.youtube.com/user/raphaelsewingVIDEO

Ron

Techsew,

Those are very interesting videos, even the ones that have nothing to do with my particular machine. Thank you.

Now, if someone would just post videos of various sewing tasks ON LEATHER like, sewing gusset in bag (maybe with flatbed machine) or manipulating the leather on decorative stitching, or.......... I'm affraid it will be a long wait before I am profecient enough to make demo video.

Regis

For any beginners that follow our videos on youtube and beyond...I just uploaded a quick instructional video on how to wind a bobbin, insert it into the bobbin case, thread the machine and bring up the lower thread on a flatbed walking foot machine. Feel free to leave comments about videos you'd like to see in the future !

Have a great day,

Ron

Edited by Ronnie

Mooshi,

What will you be sewing? If you will be sewing leather any thicker than chap leather, you really should get a needle and awl machine. The eyed needle machines really have an ugly bottom stitch in leather and are not really suited for leather horse harness. I also have not seen any new machines with attachments that put the stitch under the surface of the leather on the bottom side. This is very important when making equine products. Weaver sells Adlers, but do not use them to sew their leather products, they use Union Lockstitch needle and awl machines.

Edited by ryano