Bobby hdflame

Question About John Bianchi Videos

I have the 3 DVD set of John Bianchi's "Western Holster Making" videos.

In it, he takes you through making a basic Buscadero Style holster. Not a fancy holster, but lot's of good info including making your own pattern.

At the end of the last video, he says that he'll see you in the "NEXT" video. I've seen some references to a 3 video set called "Advanced Western Holster Making". Is this a more advanced video set or has someone just called it the wrong name?

I was hoping that someone could tell me if this is another video set or the same one before I paid for a video that I already have.

Thanks in advance.

I believe that the formal title of the set you have is The Art and Secrets to Advanced Western Holster Making. That is the set that I have and I have never found a reference to another set fothree DVD's by Bianchi. It discusses care and sharpening of the round knife, pattern making and all the steps of making a Buscadero rig.

Yes, that's the same videos I have. Thanks for the help. I would hate to spend the money for the same videos. I was hoping that he had made another video with the comment he made at the end about "See ya in the next video."

Just took his class. That is his only dvd.

Just took his class. That is his only dvd.

How was the class and where did you take it?

The workshop was offered at the Southwest Leatherworkers Trade show in Wickenburg, Az. It will be offered again at the shoe in Sheridan in May. I have seen the video and gathered ideas that can be used in other types of leather works. I haven't taken the class but I've had the opportunity to talk to John at length during several of the shows and have sold tools to him and some of his students. John is a perfectionist and presents the material in a very professional manner. His classes are geared towards the advanced leather worker and professional holster maker. I would highly recommend that the potential student study John's video before taking the class. There is a great deal of subject matter covered in the class in a short period of time and if the student has an understanding of the subject matter they can concentrate on their personal problem areas.

JOE

When I spoke with John and Matt, I thought they said they would not be at the Sheridan show, they only do Wickenburg...