wolvenstien

How To suggestion

With all the "How To's" on this site, it isnt really easy searching the site to find instructions and how to's. So I wanted to make a suggestion.... maybe take the "How Do I Do That" section, and add sub forums to cover all the different types of craft ie; motorcycle, jewelery, masks, saddles, adult fetish, and so on and so forth.... along with the current discussion area. Then gather up all the How To's and instructionals and put them in their prospective places. I think this would make it so so much easier for us to find what we are looking for, and we can find that something isnt there, we can ask for it instead of searching, not finding, and asking, when it was buried on the 3rd or 5th or 12th page of the search results.

Just an idea...

And more work for you all I know... so kick me in my butt next time ya see me...

Edited by wolvenstien

I think Johanna was talking about a "Tutorial" forum, or leather "wiki" of sorts. Sort of like the leather knowledge base in that "other" internet guild.

By the way, I'm curious as to why you can't use the initials of that "other" internet based guild on these message boards? They always come out looking like this: #### Is it like writing cuss words using symbols? :)

Hilly, the admin has a place in the admin panel of the board to censor language and replace anything they wish to censor with anything they wish to replace it with automatically. My guess is that the initials are censored for search engine reasons and as not to piss off anyone more than they might already be pissed at the success of this site. As I was taught as a child.... Dont start no sh*t and there wont be no sh*t..... But I have been wrong in the past, and no doubt I will be wrong again in the future... only Johanna can honestly answer why it is censored....

Wolvie,

Thanks for the reminder to get back to work....sheesh, no riding the clock around here, huh?

I've been helping the mods out by categorizing and sorting the "How Do I Do That" section. The posts are read, then relocated to the appropriate area, similar to your sugestion.

And I was doing really good about keeping things neat and organized until they dropped a few thousand old posts back in the mix.

And I was doing really good about keeping things neat and organized until they dropped a few thousand old posts back in the mix.

Slightly over 31,000, to be more precise. :whistle:

Kate

I did not put Wolvie up to this, Kate, I swear.

LW tries very hard to cooperate with the IILG. If you are a member there, ask them why they won't acknowledge we exist or link to us. Don't be surprised if you are ignored or banned.

~J

Nahh, if I wanted to be ignored, I would just give my daughters some advice...

Mike