Jimbob

Singer 188 And Roller Foot?

I found another 188K and someone has a fitting roller foot set....I would like to do wallets, filigree work and fancy top stitching on bike seats...nothing heavy.

WIll this outfit work?

The machine has a mount for a little 1.5 amp motor....that would be useless for this kind of work...?!?

Any help is needed.

Thanks

Jimbob

Jim,

It MIGHT work but not w/o some problems,the 188 has a knob on the end of the handwheel like a home machine does to wind the bobbin & when ur sewing heavier material it will loosen up by itself & slip.It is more of a tailer machine,it also will only take a small belt because the handwheel has a small groove in it.

I know because we have one here for sale & they sew great in cloth & that's about all they can handle.

Bob

Hi Jim, I agree with Bob. Also you are limited in thread size. It will only take a #69 at best, if that. Steve

Hi Jim, I agree with Bob. Also you are limited in thread size. It will only take a #69 at best, if that. Steve

Thanks so much for the info.....I had this feeling already..still is a little beauty, so well made and slim look.

So what would be a small machine,affordable and easy to drive....for this kind of work?

I have seen people talking about Singer 31-15...is this what I woul need...are they out there...and what else would work....I am trying to keep it as slim as possible.

Very small space, like to build a micro table for it....shop is getting smaller, to many sewing machines...haha

Thanks again

Jimbob

Yes,the 31-15 would work good for you,you can get a roller foot & out a servo motor on it & have a great machine.Parts are still available too.

You might even do a search on craiglist.