bluesman1951

Saddle Bags

First day laying all the bags out . Bill

post-21599-056062900 1347158786_thumb.jp

Hey Bill would you mind showing the saddle bags you made in with these pics and identifying what goes where? Ever since I saw your saddle bags you use for products I've wanted to made a set for mine and this month ordered the leather for them. It should be here Monday. And what weight leather and type are you using on these new ones? What I got was only 4oz I think but I wanted mine kind of 'floppy' with stiff gussets to help them keep their form. Thanks, Cheryl

I have them all cut out and the holes punched except for the straps . Ill lay a complete one out later this evening take pictures and send one to you so you can see the assembly process in relationship to the pieces . I am using a heavy chap leather dont know the weight off hand ,but its stout for sure . be glad to share my pattern with you . I can put it on graph paper and ship it in a tube ,just glue it to some hard board and cut it out sand the edges ,punch a few holes and off you go makin saddle bags . Glad to include some notes with the patterns as well . Just let me know . Bill

Hey Bill would you mind showing the saddle bags you made in with these pics and identifying what goes where? Ever since I saw your saddle bags you use for products I've wanted to made a set for mine and this month ordered the leather for them. It should be here Monday. And what weight leather and type are you using on these new ones? What I got was only 4oz I think but I wanted mine kind of 'floppy' with stiff gussets to help them keep their form. Thanks, Cheryl