leathershaper

Sheridan Pattern For Belt Bocket Knife Sheath

I'm looking Sheridan Style scripting for a small area. I need them for a small area as used for pocket knife sheats wore on the belt. I cant find sheridan scripting that would look good in an area 4 inches tall and 2 1/2 inches wide. For all the creative metric folks, 40cm tall to 25cm wide. These small areas are difficult for me to swivel cut due to my lack of experience but I'm working hard to get stronger on the knife. I'm looking for sheridan scripting that can compete against the lasier machine work in professionalism. I appreciate the input. Thanks

Now let me see if I got this right - you are looking for a way to do scripting ("text") in small areas as about 4 x 2 1/2 inches (approx. 10,2 x 6,3 cm) - correct so far?

And it should be a way w/o using your swivel knife - again correct?

And if so, what do you plan to write down there? Single words (i.e. names etc.)?

Or are you just searching for small patterns in that typical sheridan style - scrolls, leaves etc.?

I am a bit confused i must confess :wacko:

Edited by Stephan Danner

I'm looking for sheridan scripting that can compete against the lasier machine work in professionalism. I appreciate the input. Thanks

Get a wood burner and brand the script in it instead. The scripting nib will "burn" fairly deeply so practice on some scrap first.

As far as competing with a laser machine... this is why we say it's hand crafted. Humans err.... machines are mindless.

My objective is to ask for assistance in create aSheridan style script that looks nice in an area 4 inches tall and 2 1/2 wide.My attempts to draw Sheridan style script needs a lot of work. I have searchedwith no luck for a drawing or template that fits the small area. I would liketo ask for assistance from my fellow leather makers for a Sheridan drawing thatwould fit this small area. I apologize for not explaining my objective verywell.

I haven’t tried the burning technique but it sounds interesting. I will lookinto that method.

I just purchased a few lessons on Sheridan drawing but that’s not going to helpme for a while. I just ordered them on line and its going to be next weekbefore they arrive.

Your right about the laser machines. I started doing leather for stress relief.Now that I have a customer base, I have completely lost the reason I starteddoing leather crafting. Thanks for reminding me.

Due to knowing the hard work that goes into each hand made leather piece, Idon’t appreciate handmade makers’ stamps on machined leather. I have tracedseveral leather cases to the companies that mass produce these items and foundthey use lasers and stamping presses. I got carried away with my competitiveside of wanting to compete with these manufactures. Good call.

I'm gonna take it that 'Sheridan style script ' means text/font.

If you've got something like Photoshop, Gimp, Inkscape or some such software you can get more fonts

than you could wave a stick at DAFONT - FONTS.COM or MyFonts to name a few.

You can scale them up and down to suit what you need them for. thumbsup.gif

I have a sheridan letter alphabet I have been meaning to scan it anyway. I will post 2morrow:)

Drag and drop these into your desktop!

post-28433-034703300 1331890925_thumb.jp

post-28433-032289000 1331890930_thumb.jp

Thanks for those, something else for me to play with specool.gif

I am sure the Secret Sheridan S.W.A.T Team will be banging on my door dragging me off to jail any second from now....

That alphabet was bought and paid for in 1965:) So whatever!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!

I hope someone hooks me up with something cool sometime! You owe me one...LOLrofl.gif

The Black background was the original one, and the other one is inverted...so whatever works best for ya:)

I did it so you could see the O:G and how it is supposed to look...whatever that is supposed to mean...supposed to .....HA!

Edited by chancey77

I appreciate the help and the downloads. Its nice to have such a wide range of resources to pull from. Once again "Thanks".

By the way Chance, Im sure you will get a gift soooooon. Thanks and your way to funny.

Thats me, good time Charlie! hahahahaha

Seriously...those letters are RAD!

You’re absolutely right; you must have a super computerjust to keep up with all this stuff. I lay a tool down for 10 minutes and can’tfind it. Chanzey 77 sends old script in an hour. Amazing. To say it one more time,Thanks.