bikemaniac

Advice On Buying A Juki Tsc 441

I have the possibility to buy a used

Juki TSC 441

It is not a clone but a real Juki.

The sewing machine is equipped with a brand new 1HP servo motor incl needle position (Chinese). The machine comes with the head, motor and table but no accessories. The machine is setup for sewing leather.

For me it is important to sew very slowly because I am a beginner. I know it is def. not one of those Efka servo motors.

The asking price is 1400 pounds, approx 2300 USD.

Problem: The machine is in UK and I live in Denmark. I only have the possibility to buy it and have it shipped without having seen or tried it.

1. What are the risks of buying a used original Juki TSC 441?

2. How easily will it be to do slow sewing - lets say 1 stitch pr second with such a servo motor incl needle position?

3. Are accessories compatible with the accessories sold for all the clones?

4. Is the price OK?

Thanks in advance,

Lucas

My two cents. The risk of buying an original Juki TSC 441 are minimal. These things were designed like the Singers of old. They will run almost forever before requiring new parts. A new 441 from Japan cost around 6000 us dollars. It can be slowed down but no one I know sews that slowly. Accessories are available either clone or original.

Good luck this is one of the best machines ever built.

Edited by Geneva

Would it be wise to leave the brand new servo motor and buy an Efka servo motor (elsewhere) which should be able to operate the head at low RPMs?

Servo with a speed reducer should allow the slow stitching you are after. As far as buying an Efka I'm not familiar. My servo has a digital control and I can limit the top end. I have a clone. I can go one stitch at a time, very useful on tight corners on holsters.

The feet may have different heights depending on the manufacturer, I know the Cowboy/Cobra feet have different heights than the Ferdco feet that came on my machine. Reset things for the Cowboy type feet on mine and life is good, I have a full set of those.

My advice is to ask the seller about the slow speed controllability. Have him make a short phone video of the machine in motion, from the slowest possible, to highest possible speed. If you like what you see, buy it. If you think a different motor is needed down the line, buy it. At least get some time on the machine with the motor already on it.

I ended up not buying the machine. Suddenly I had to pay 20% sales tax and so forth. Furthermore the listed shipping rate which I was expecting was wrong (too low).

Thanks for all your comments.

Lucas