rdb

Picture resizing

EDIT:  Links to XP and Powertoys no longer work, so disregard any links to these items.  Other posts below still have useful information.

For those of you with XP, the Powertoys Image Resizer tool was a "have to have" power tool. But now that Vista is out here, and 64bit OS, that tool no longer worked. This group has cloned the tool so now it works in our versions too.

It's the simplest way to resize your pix for posting here. A right click to the menu, and choose resize...simple.

http://phototoysclone.codeplex.com/Release...93#ReleaseFiles

Thank you thank you thank you... it doesn't get any simpler than that!

Johanna

Mr. Natural says: "Use the right tool for the job!" Actually, he says.....

A Tip of the Hat to Mr. R. Crumb

4crumbpostcards.jpg

post-5140-1239151321_thumb.jpg

Edited by rdb

trying like heck to upload some photos, but keeps saying file is too big....downloaded that pixresizer, but to no avail, i don't have a clue how to use it! i choose files, add the 5 photos i want to put in the reply box, keeps saying files are too big....open the pixresizer and find the photos in 'my photos' try to 'open' nothing happens....i know i'm computer challenged, but come on!! can't copy and past photos either!! very frustrating!!

Here's what I use: www.picmonkey.com

You can resize and do tons of other things to photos! Resizing is in the Basic area. PM me if you have questions.

before i download anything else, can you explain in simple terms how to use this? i just want to post about 5 pics on one of the forums here, when i try, apparently the file is too big.....if i download this picmonkey, do i go there first to downsize? then how to i get back to the forum? go to my pictures first?? sorry, but i'm just confused; i have no problem attaching photos to emails, or simply emailing photos, but this has me stumped, and i'm not totally stupid! thanks!

Yes, go to resize your photo files first in Picmonkey. Somewhat of a pain to remember to do this first but I've done it enough that it's worth it since you can adjust contrast or brightness too and a ton of other features. The main basics are free to use.

I'd like to offer my help here. As well as doing my own leather design work, I also do Digital logo design.

I have used Pixie, Gimp and several other prorams. I found some of them far to complicated; i.e GIMP

I have used this program http://www.irfanview.com/ for some years now. I use the basic program, together with my printer/scanner.

If your a bit computer savy, this will work much simpler than GIMP.

Of course, resizing is a bit of a pain but it is specfied on many websites,

You can do this very quickly without leaving said website.

• NOTE: IRANVIEW :the resizing tends to keep the original quallity)

Here are a few things I use it for everyday.

• Cropping and Resizing Photograghs
  • Resizing patterns. pictures and line drawings
  • Grayscaling
  • Creating line drawings from photographs

Hope this helps!