bobkiss

Pearson No. 6

Hi Guys, I have a Pearson No. 6 that has been in the family for many years. I have always used Barbours linen thread and have never used a thread lubricant. Should I be using thread lubricant? The tank for lubing the thread is missing from my machine so I would need to locate one. I like using the linen thread, but that is all I have ever used in this machine, is there a better option? Any input would be great, thanks in advance.

Bob

HI Bob, I'm only a collector rather than a saddler so don't take my advise as gospel..... The wax pots were there for the old days when the thread really needed lubrication and also to make the thread last longer.... these days a lot of saddlers do use a modern lubricant to help ease the thread thru the material and also to keep the needle cooler.... but as you have found it is not absolutely necessary much of the time. There are a number of different pots available depending on the machine setup, I have most if you need one. Regards Steve