halfbreed

Seat construction questions? (newbie)

David, I've used some of your pictures to help explain my questions. If that's not ok let me know and I'll cease. I really am a novice in this area. Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

IMG_1059_notes2.JPGIf you stacked your top and bottom pannels would the lacing

holes at the perimeter of each panel line up as in photo. Would this always put the lacing near the middle of the side of the seat?

IMG_1061_notes.JPGFor this type of seat I guess you attatch the bottom panel to the pan before you start lacing things up.

IMG_1065_notes_6.JPG If you use 1" of foam or 2" of foam how do you arive at the right demensions for your panels. I'm just guessing that the thickness of foam would determine how far away the lacing holes are from the outline of the pan???????

Just how much tension are you puting on the lacing to pull the two peices, top and bottom, together. Is it alot or are you just bringing them to gether with a slight tension on the foam.

IMG_1064_notes_3.JPG Does this allow better or easier shaping at this end or is it just for looks?

IMG_1065.JPGThis is fairly heavy leather. How do you get such lovely curves and shaping. Is it just simple pressure from the lacing causing the leather to conform to the underlying foam or is it wet down and stretched or molded?

IMG_1059_notes.JPG

post-6325-1207097786_thumb.jpg

post-6325-1207097899_thumb.jpg

post-6325-1207097947_thumb.jpg

post-6325-1207097981_thumb.jpg

post-6325-1207098000_thumb.jpg

post-6325-1207098009_thumb.jpg

I'm patiently waiting for his response also. Come on Dave, give it up!!