Sign in to follow this  
john b

New To The Forum

hi everyone

my name is john and i live on the west coast of scotland in the uk, i started working with leather five month ago as i have an interest in the american old west and air pistol shooting and wanted to start and make some holsters and belts.

i found this site when i was looking for some tip's on wet forming so thought i would join up i will have a look around before i start asking questions as im sure there will be some topics ready to read.

the site look great and i have see some fantastic work from members, absolutely amazing.

i have only done a small amount of basic tooling and one holster with some basic carving so have a long way to go but im realy enjoying the hobby even when things go wrong.

i hope to get to know some of you in time and hope you will help and advice me in my new hobby.

many thanks for letting me join up

all the best

john

Hi and welcome to Leatherworker.net. We're glad you found our little corner of the internet. There's lots of members, both amateurs and professionals, who'll be happy to help with any questions you might have. Ask away, and enjoy one of the friendliest sites on the 'net.

We love pictures here, so post some when you can. Don't worry if you think the won't 'measure up' to some of the other work here, everyone here was a novice at some point.

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Central Texas, USA

thanks for the welcome, below is a link to my photo gallery of holsters i have made so far

john

http://s228.photobuc...ters/?start=all

Nice work you show there......thanks for sharing!

Nice work.

Welcome to LW.

Good to see someone else from Scotland's West Coast here, makes me feel less isolated.

Gary

Nice work.

Welcome to LW.

Good to see someone else from Scotland's West Coast here, makes me feel less isolated.

Gary

hi Gary

thanks for the welcome

your a little higher up than me, im near castle douglas. nearly moved closer to you three or four years ago to a small island called torsa just off the isle of luing.

john

Edited by john b