Make sure you C. Y. A. Here are some sample disclaimers- feel free to use this as a guideline and customize it to fit the relevant parts to your business neatly on your customer contract.

Your Company Name | 80 Your Street | City, ST

www.website.com

All orders are subject to a 50% non-refundable deposit.

Returns are only accepted for credit on account.

No returns without this invoice.

No returns after XX days.

No returns or refunds on special ordered items.

No returns or refunds on personalized items.

All returns subject to a 10% restocking fee.

Returned checks subject to a $25 service charge.

Estimates are an approximation of charges to you, and they are based on the anticipated details of the work to be done. It is possible for unexpected complications to cause some deviation from the estimate. If additional material or labor are required you will be contacted immediately.

Copywrited works are produced at the discretion of the artist. It is the customer's responsibility to determine if rights are reserved on such material and permission to use them must be requested from the copyright owner. It is the customer's responsibility to secure appropriate documentation if there is the possibility of conflict with ethics or law.

We guarantee our work for life. Any defects in materials or workmanship will be repaired free of charge upon notification. We reserve the right to decline repairs without charge on items we deem neglected, abused or used improperly.

Since leather is a natural product, some cosmetic blemishes or fluctuations in color is expected. Every effort has been made to ensure that your item meets our rigid quality standards, however, if there is a problem, please let us know immediately so that we can make arrangements to correct it to your satisfaction.

In the unlikely event that your item should fail unexpectedly, we assume no responsibility or liability other than the replacement of the item.

HTH

Johanna

This apparently didn't attract much attention at the time but I just found it extremely useful as I put together the terms and conditions of business for my new website. Well worth a look. Thanks Johanna.

thank you Johanna,

very smart idea

ken

Johanna's been having good ideas for years - check the date on the original post! <grin!>

thank you Johanna,

very smart idea

ken

Yeah, she had one a few years ago about a forum to help keep leatherworkers from needing day jobs. From what I have heard, it is doing fairly well... :)

Make sure you C. Y. A. Here are some sample disclaimers- feel free to use this as a guideline and customize it to fit the relevant parts to your business neatly on your customer contract.

Your Company Name | 80 Your Street | City, ST

www.website.com

All orders are subject to a 50% non-refundable deposit.

Returns are only accepted for credit on account.

No returns after XX days.

No returns or refunds on special ordered items.

No returns or refunds on personalized items.

All returns subject to a 10% restocking fee.

Returned checks subject to a $25 service charge.

Estimates are an approximation of charges to you, and they are based on the anticipated details of the work to be done. It is possible for unexpected complications to cause some deviation from the estimate. If additional material or labor are required you will be contacted immediately.

Copywrited works are produced at the discretion of the artist. It is the customer's responsibility to determine if rights are reserved on such material and permission to use them must be requested from the copyright owner. It is the customer's responsibility to secure appropriate documentation if there is the possibility of conflict with ethics or law.

We guarantee our work for life. Any defects in materials or workmanship will be repaired free of charge upon notification. We reserve the right to decline repairs without charge on items we deem neglected, abused or used improperly.

Since leather is a natural product, some cosmetic blemishes or fluctuations in color is expected. Every effort has been made to ensure that your item meets our rigid quality standards, however, if there is a problem, please let us know immediately so that we can make arrangements to correct it to your satisfaction.

In the unlikely event that your item should fail unexpectedly, we assume no responsibility or liability other than the replacement of the item.

HTH

Johanna

Johanna:

This is just what I need at this time, I am planing to start a small in home leather business

and this is beneficial. Thanks

Guess I didn't notice this the first time around, either. Pretty good stuff, most of which I already tell my customers. I know these are just suggestions, but here's one observation... Fortunately I have not had to deal with very many returns (except a couple from people who don't follow measuring instructions), but I've never required the original invoice for returns. I figure the retail businesses require the original sales slip or invoice so they can confirm the item actually came from them. I usually can tell if something being returned to me is my work or not, nowhutImean?

And speaking of people who won't follow measuring instructions, I had to add this disclaimer to my product info:

No returns or exchanges accepted on custom-fitted items for which incorrect measurements were provided. Measure twice, cut once.

Kate

And if you do repairs.".Any item left after 30 days of notification of completion, will be disposed of at my discretion." Didn't have that one up and now have a saddle setting in shop since last April that I'm told I have to hang on to for another 4 months...Ya live and Ya learn.

Ya live and Ya learn.

I hear that. Looking forward to when I get to start living more than learning.

Kate

Thanks for rejuvinating this conversation.

Good stuff everyone! Thanks for the information.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes LOL

Edited by Barbed Wire Leather