rmr

Where To Get A Saddle Makers Stand

Other than Weaver leather- where else can you get a saddle makers stand. There was a post several years ago that a Ron Edmonds made them but I cannot find a current web site that he adverstises them

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

RMR

Rons Tools

406-756-8134

PO Box 1061

Kalispell, MT 59901

Kalispell, Montana, Montana 59901

United States

But I heard somewhere he may have retired and sold the business but cannot confirm.

www.lasergiftcreations.com

grey ghost

www.phillipsengraving.com

infinity stamps

I have stamps from those which I have listed the website for. The others listed I have seen in threads on this forum.

Good luck.

oops kings x.....that was stand...not stamp.....glad im not the only one that does that....lol

ooooooh.....my bad.....sorry!

I make Custom satnds pretty nice ones!

post-6549-009007400 1299191803_thumb.jpg

Give me call or PM if you find you are interested.

801-809-8456

Josh

I make Custom satnds pretty nice ones!

post-6549-009007400 1299191803_thumb.jpg

Give me call or PM if you find you are interested.

801-809-8456

Josh

Hi Josh Thansk for the reply

Your Saddle makers stand looks very functional ans solid. How much do you charge for them??? I noticed that some of the more elaborate stands allowed one to twist, and tilt the saddle in any direction. I assume after seeing yours and the saddles you have made - that may not be necessary?? I have been doing letaherworking making shotgun cases for numerous years- Im thinking of trying a saddle project for my daughter- so im fairly unknowledable about making saddles and just trying to get equipment together to make one

Bob R.

Hi Josh Thansk for the reply

Your Saddle makers stand looks very functional ans solid. How much do you charge for them??? I noticed that some of the more elaborate stands allowed one to twist, and tilt the saddle in any direction. I assume after seeing yours and the saddles you have made - that may not be necessary?? I have been doing letaherworking making shotgun cases for numerous years- Im thinking of trying a saddle project for my daughter- so im fairly unknowledable about making saddles and just trying to get equipment together to make one

Bob R.

Bob

it was great chatting with you on the phone.

well just to answer this question on the LW my stands will do the job, yes its great to tilt and move but not a must and many good makers are using a basic stands. So I would say that for a starter these type of stands will work very nicley for you..

they start at $175.00

Josh

Sorry for getting off topic, but, too RMR I post this. . .

post-8584-017152000 1303578197_thumb.jpg

and this. . .

post-8584-062794300 1303578269_thumb.jpg

Not too many brown ones out there. Henna was a Water Rescue fanatic. It is what she lived for. Couldn't help but notice your avatar.

Sorry folks. . .It's a Newfy thing! Now back to the serious subject of this topic. . .

Sorry for getting off topic, but, too RMR I post this. . .

post-8584-017152000 1303578197_thumb.jpg

and this. . .

post-8584-062794300 1303578269_thumb.jpg

Not too many brown ones out there. Henna was a Water Rescue fanatic. It is what she lived for. Couldn't help but notice your avatar.

Sorry folks. . .It's a Newfy thing! Now back to the serious subject of this topic. . .

H Newfman

Thansk for the pictures and web page. Though my dog "sugar" is a wire hair pointing griffin - but newfies are beatiful dogs!!!!!!

I saw you do custom timberframing. Small world- we just had a timberframe home built in MT and love it. I do a little woodworking- so I built my daughter a timberframe bed. The stuff you guys can do with a mallet, chisel and slick is amazing!!

RMR

H Newfman

Thansk for the pictures and web page. Though my dog "sugar" is a wire hair pointing griffin - but newfies are beatiful dogs!!!!!!

I saw you do custom timberframing. Small world- we just had a timberframe home built in MT and love it. I do a little woodworking- so I built my daughter a timberframe bed. The stuff you guys can do with a mallet, chisel and slick is amazing!!

RMR

Don't I feel silly. Maybe in a larger photo, Sugar would have not tricked me. The bumper and line are kind of iconic in the Newfy Water Rescue world, and being all wet, well. . .

Yup, my slick is a prized possession. My chisles are hand forged by Barrr Quarton in Mcall Idaho. As I recall, he is the only American that is certified to forge Samauri Swords for Japans Emperor. Regardless, he makes a hell of a framing chisel! I'm from out near Montana. Lewiston, Idaho. Just down the hill from Missoula. Montana is still one of my favorite places in the world, and I have traveled a bit. I would someday like to build a Timberframe/strawbale home on a nice little parcel out west somewhere. At least I can dream about it!

My apologies to Sugar for my over zealousness. ;+)

Edited by Newfman