tanda4

Attaching Chain To Dog Collar...

Is there a easy way to attach the chain for a choker collar? The only thing I can think of is cutting and soldering.

*Picture is a random image found from Google Images

post-44086-0-74709400-1397667588_thumb.j

post-13007-0-56984100-1397728430_thumb.jIf you are talking about connecting the chain to the ring at the bottom......the only things I can think of it find a heavy duty key ring that will hold up to the stress imposed on it.......or use a small carabiner in place of that ring.

For just about any chain made, . . . they also make what is known as a repair link. You basically put it in where it is needed, then bend or peen or snap it into the desired shape or place, . . . they work many different ways.

But, . . . they work. There are many motorcycles zipping up and down the streets with multiple repair links in their chains, . . . as well as chains on trucks, cars, etc.

A really good hardware store will have them, . . . or maybe google them on line.

Depending on "the" chain you are using, . . . you may opt to use a different style repair link, . . . but it will look uniform if you have one on each side, . . . matching so to speak.

May God bless,

Dwight

What you are looking for is called a martingale chain. The style of collar pictured in your post is a martingale collar. You can purchase the chains already configured with the three rings attached. Many suppliers are out there on the internet. Here is a link to what you need.

http://www.pethardware.com/en/chains-and-chainlets/martingale-chain-1074/

I have not purchased anything from this source, but hopefully this information will lead you in the right direction for what you need.

Best of luck, and show a finished collar to us when you get one completed.

Viking Queen

What you are looking for is called a martingale chain. The style of collar pictured in your post is a martingale collar. You can purchase the chains already configured with the three rings attached. Many suppliers are out there on the internet. Here is a link to what you need.

http://www.pethardware.com/en/chains-and-chainlets/martingale-chain-1074/

I have not purchased anything from this source, but hopefully this information will lead you in the right direction for what you need.

Best of luck, and show a finished collar to us when you get one completed.

Viking Queen

I purchase my martingale chains from this source and I've always been happy with them. A word to the wise though, shipping tends to be $80 for a box of assorted hardware (at least, in my case, I tend to order a few hundred buckles/dees/snap hooks), and it comes from overseas, which means steep duty fees. Despite these added costs, I still find their hardware cost effective and of better quality than Tandy and a lot of ohiotravelbag stuff, although they're a bit limited in the number of styles.