Sign in to follow this  
alyshae

Spots On Chinks

Hi all. I'm doing my first set of chinks in which the fringe is sewn on, not cut in. She also wants spots along the stitch line. I'm curious as to whether the spots would go through both pices as an added anchor or be set in the fringe leather before stitching? If they go through, would one stitch line be enough enough in addition to the priongs? I hand stitch.

Thanks!

I would put them on first so that prongs would be covered and 1 stitch line down each side should be fine.

Like oltoot says.

Put them on the top piece and stitch on each side of the spots. The legs of the spots most likely aren't long enough to go through both pieces of leather anyway.

When doing a added fringe, spots or not, always put two rows of stitching to hold the fringe on.

One won't do it. And it looks cheaply made in my opinion.

Joel

As an after thought I thought you might like a photo or two of what we are talking about. These are old past projects of mine. The pink pair was a pair of batwing style chaps brought in to be made into chinks.

The hair on pair I did for a shop example, the same with the two tone pair, but a customer bought them to hang on his wall.

post-11406-0-29114100-1416091420_thumb.jpost-11406-0-40399000-1416091526_thumb.jpost-11406-0-78079100-1416091769_thumb.j

Edited by GrampaJoel

Thanks for the quick reply, gentlemen. That's what I thought the answer would be, but figured it would be worth asking as it would save me some time and her some bucks! I had seen both done, but pics on-line don't always give enough detail to determine the quality of the product and we all know price isn't always an indicator, either.