David

After endless changes

This fellow bought a Sucker Punch bike used. At one time it had one of my seats on it and he wants one of my seats on it now. The bike shop agreed to having me make one..... so here it is.

I'm in the process of finishing up this seat. The customer has had issues regarding the final design; but we are now going to go quickly to the conclusion of this seat.

Let me know what you think.

David Theobald

DSC_0011_012.JPG

DSC_0012_013.JPG

DSC_0013_014.JPG

DSC_0014_015.JPG

post-5652-125778616598_thumb.jpg

post-5652-125778618171_thumb.jpg

post-5652-125778619477_thumb.jpg

post-5652-125778620846_thumb.jpg

wow David! That is clean! Beautiful job as usual sir. :notworthy:

Dave,

Well that seat is (Pardon the pun) to dye for! Superb execution and craftsmanship! :red_bandana: If the new owner doesn't like it then he is deaf, dumb and blinder! The construction is flawless!!!!

Storm

Edited by Storm

Very nice, well done.

Nicely done, great carving and lacing.

Is this seat gonna be staying natural, if so thats way cool probably one of the few.

love it david....stunning job!!

I'd change the name of my bike to have a seat like that.whatdoyouthink.gif

Great JOB!

Looks phenomenal, as usual... can't imagine what issue anyone would have with that design.

Kate

Awesome seat David. Do you have a write up anywhere on how you do the lacing. I have never tried a weave like that and would like to try but I would like to learn from someone who does seats. Thanks

Beautiful workmanship David as always! I'm with everyone else...I can't imagine anyone not being blown away with your level of craftmanship and designs.

Bobby

David,

Once again I'm mesmerized by your skills! Absolutely the cleanest tooling I've been privileged to see. I love how you use the lacing as a Design feature! As always, I wait patiently for your next "Work of Art" !!!!

Troy

Thanks all for the very kind comments.

I try to keep a customer "connected" with his seat build, so every night I take a picture and send it to them, so they can see the progress and watch their seat "come together".

This is the first customer that has taken these photographs as an opportunity to change the design. Even the sacred heart was an afterthought. It has been frustrating to say the least. After the seat was being assembled and he saw the progress, he demanded that the tiny swirls next to the star (on the back of the seat) HAD to be added. You can imagine my delight. I'm holding my breath when he sees the final color. This will be the one thing I can't change.... the saga continues.

Dave

I'm holding my breath when he sees the final color. This will be the one thing I can't change.... the saga continues.

Dave

Great looking seat David! Great design too. It looks great natural, but I don't get it. Why can't you change the color? It looks undyed yet to me, and could be dyed any color your customers money wants.

Great looking seat David! Great design too. It looks great natural, but I don't get it. Why can't you change the color? It looks undyed yet to me, and could be dyed any color your customers money wants.

Sorry Outcast, I didn't make myself clear..... The seat is to be dyed today and the customer will see it later today....

Then I can't make the change....after it's dyed.

Dave

Edited by David

Finally finished this. At least it is finished in my eyes.

This is darker than I usually like to go; but that was a customer request.

Dave

DSC_0009_024.JPG

DSC_0010_025.JPG

post-5652-125786875666_thumb.jpg

post-5652-125786876915_thumb.jpg

Nice color. It looks great.

Beautiful Job! What kind and colir of dye is that? What was the finish process?

Awesome seat David. Do you have a write up anywhere on how you do the lacing. I have never tried a weave like that and would like to try but I would like to learn from someone who does seats. Thanks

Workingman,

I don't have a write up on the lacing. It is a round braid or basketweave. Tandy leather sells a booklet called How to Lace. That is where I learned to do it.

Dave

Beautiful Job! What kind and colir of dye is that? What was the finish process?

KyTim,

The dye is a combination of Medium Brown and Saddle Tan Fiebings spirit dye. It was applied with an airbrush.

The antiquing paste is also Fiebings and is a compination of Medium Brown and Sheridan Brown.

Thus far there is no top coat, but, I'll probably use Leather Balm with Atom wax or Aussie Cream Conditioner.

Dave

Great looking seat Dave. I don't always comment but I love to look at your seats whenever I see you have a new one. I love the double row of lace and the row of stitching. Did you hand sew that or is it a machine stitch? Nice job either way.

Great looking seat Dave. I don't always comment but I love to look at your seats whenever I see you have a new one. I love the double row of lace and the row of stitching. Did you hand sew that or is it a machine stitch? Nice job either way.

Hey Troy,

One of these days, I'm gonna get a sewing machine......right......as soon as I hit the lottery. That is hand stitching and took way longer than I want to admit. I'm slow because I don't do a lot of it.

Thanks for taking a look at the seat.

Dave

By the way the customer saw the pics and liked the color.

I'm relieved.

Thanks again to everyone who commented on the seat.

Edited by David