chiefjason

Some Personal Rigs, Sig P238

My LGS is going out of business and I got a deal I could not pass up on a Sig P238 Scorpion. Took it out last weekend and broke it in. I absolutely love this little pistol! Well, with a new carry gun I need some new gear. So I worked these in with some orders I was working on.

Gratuitous pistol pic.

D04EEE22-77B5-4993-9DD8-B10AAA2557DC_zps

First, a pocket set. I plan on carrying this in my back, right pocket occasionally. So this looks a bit different than most pocket holsters. The hook is on the slide side so it will catch on the way out. Borrowed the design idea from Dwight and wrapped it from the trigger side. Worked out pretty well. Made it pretty wide on the bottom to stay upright in the wide pockets on my Wranglers. Made a sheath for the extra mag to keep the grime out of it too.

E089BF27-7847-4350-9AAA-A432514F3A9B_zps

Then to the OWB Avenger. I figured a small gun needed to take up less real estate on the belt. And I have been wanting to do the brown with Ostrich for a while but it was a bit overkill for the Glock. Works well with the Scorpion though. I'm very happy with how this came out. Got the back belt slot a bit too close and it's tight enough I don't even need the trailing belt loop. Not a lot of real estate back there and I cut things a bit too close. But it should break in a bit soon enough. Wearing it now BTW.

B710624D-2F2B-4E9E-9E28-6783A98C10D1_zps

F6C3DE78-F16C-4659-AB51-7D5CE487F625_zps

84859DB2-DD11-4F70-9D26-A56D5A0A75D7_zps

Ahhh, the smell of a new gun and new leather!

Hey, that;s cute, both the gun and the rigs.

Hey, that;s cute, both the gun and the rigs.

Lol. After making rigs for G19's and full size 1911's, I chuckle when dealing with the little guns. Cute is a good word for them.

Nice stuff Chief. When I do a mottle look, they ask me what went wrong :).

Nice stuff Chief. When I do a mottle look, they ask me what went wrong :).

It's become my trademark at this point. First one was a mistake, that I liked a lot. The only color I dye solid is black. But then again, most folks see pics and know what's coming.

Looks really nice. If I might ask, what thread did you use? I really like the look of the stitching.

Fitch

Very nice gun and very nice holsters.

Thanks guys.

Fitch, got it from Tippmann. It's their Natural in size 346. Even though I hand stitch, I've been using the Tippmann thread and really like it. I can take off what I need and get less waste than with the smaller 25 yard cards I was using.

http://www.tippmannindustrial.com/thread-size-z346-natural-p-165.html

Thanks! That looked very nice. Needle and thread information is hard for a total new guy to figure out from pictures.

Fitch