Sign in to follow this  
karl

Saddle I Made

Hi fellas, here are some photos of the saddle I made in saddle class and the first one is the plain laddle.

After I got it home, I decided to tear it down and put some dye on it instead of leaving it natural.

Karl

saddle_in_progress_3.jpg

picture_1_final_saddle.jpg

picutre_3_final_saddle.jpg

post-110-1200966266_thumb.jpg

post-110-1200966365_thumb.jpg

post-110-1200966459_thumb.jpg

Edited by karl

VERY NICE KARL !

Beautiful carving.

Looks great just the way it is.

Time should wear it to look better with age.

VERY NICE KARL !

Beautiful carving.

Looks great just the way it is.

Time should wear it to look better with age.

Thanks alot Craftsman, I hope it lasts as long as the satisfaction of completing ilt. I was gonng leave it natural, buy I looked at it and said, "what the heck', and Dyed it saddle tan. Just like Larry the cable guy, I had to " GIT - R - DONE...

thanks for the compliments. Karl

Hello Karl, Beautiful job and great carving! I never made a saddle so Maybe you can fill us in on How long it took to make? How long was the "class"? Is this for fun or Profit? Any saddles in the future for you? Thanks for posting!

Karl that has turned out really nice the dye brings the carving out better now, how long did it take you? do invest in a digital kamera as the scans dont really do the pics justice, Don

I agree with don101:invest in a small digitall camera,your pictures don't do justice to your work...

By the way,your Saddle is just lokking very impressive,your tooling,carving too !

Very nice,i like it

Hello Karl, Beautiful job and great carving! I never made a saddle so Maybe you can fill us in on How long it took to make? How long was the "class"? Is this for fun or Profit? Any saddles in the future for you? Thanks for posting!

Scouter, Don & Alex,

Thanks fellas and I took the saddle class at Tandy Leather that they started up and it started on September 9th and we met every Sunday from 2 till 5pm and altogether was about 17 weeks. The certificate we received says 50 hours of class but thats just in class and not the cutting and tooling and sewing and dyeing and everything else.

I don't have a horse and no orders for any more so all I have is this saddle and the little Half saddle I made back in August that is on the saddle and tack site if you want to see it.

I bought 3 McClellan cavalry saddles and I am going to try to restore them. I don't know exactly what I'm in for with these but it ought to be interesting. I don't know why the pictures look bad on your screens cause they look ok on this end and I do have a fairly pricy digital camera and the scan and pictures on this end on my computer look ok,, sorry if they look crappy on your end. Karl

Edited by karl

Very impressive Karl, love the carving and the color is just right now.

Ken

Karl that has turned out really nice the dye brings the carving out better now, how long did it take you? do invest in a digital kamera as the scans dont really do the pics justice, Don

Hey Don, How's your saddle project coming along? Did you ever get you some more leather and double it up around the edges of the skirt? I'd like to see iit when you finish. Karl