craftstack

New Site To Sell Your Work On! Craftstack.com!

post-31575-014498700 1344955816_thumb.pnTo everyone here who creates beautiful leather products, checking out CraftStack.com is a MUST!! We just launched today and we offer a full fledged marketplace for everyone to list and sell all your products that you skillfully create. Each craftsmen gets their own storefront, their own free merchant account to accept credit cards, a full marketing and advertising team behind the scenes, a huge band of customers all of the country, and a wonderful dashboard to monitor your products and sales!

www.craftstack.com

post-31575-014498700 1344955816_thumb.pn

COME ON BY AND JOIN THE COMMUNITY NOW!

Edited by craftstack

You need to resize your images! I can't make heads or tails of what your trying to show!

If that is your site it needs some serious work.

ferg

You need to resize your images! I can't make heads or tails of what your trying to show!

post-31575-014498700 1344955816_thumb.pnTo everyone here who creates beautiful leather products, checking out CraftStack.com is a MUST!! We just launched today and we offer a full fledged marketplace for everyone to list and sell all your products that you skillfully create. Each craftsmen gets their own storefront, their own free merchant account to accept credit cards, a full marketing and advertising team behind the scenes, a huge band of customers all of the country, and a wonderful dashboard to monitor your products and sales!

www.craftstack.com

post-31575-014498700 1344955816_thumb.pn

COME ON BY AND JOIN THE COMMUNITY NOW!

First thing's first. You're redirecting to a required SSL connection but not providing a trusted certificate. This is something that should be fixed immediately before any financial transactions occur. I'll trust it from a test network momentarily so I can look at the site further. In the meantime, you should only use HTTPS on pages where sensitive information is transferred. This will greatly increase the usability of the site as a whole.

Overall, the site's not bad. I know you weren't asking for our critiques on your site, but this is stuff that will make people feel more comfortable setting up an account and working with you. So, if I had some more information about what is involved in being a seller, such as policies, and if there was an FAQ or something to help me get started under the "Support" tab then I might be more inclined to jump in because I'd know that you were making sure I had everything I need to be successful. There are also things you mentioned here in this post that I couldn't find any mention of on the site, such as "free merchant account to accept credit cards, a full marketing and advertising team behind the scenes". That's something I'd like to see some more information on. My wife's been struggling with Etsy quite a bit for her own handmade business, so another option would be great. I just want to make sure it's not going to cause her or me more headaches before I recommend it.

ferg

The site is in fine shape, thank you! The issue with images is being corrected. The Zoom feature was causing problems with IE9. The image issue will be fixed in whole by Monday.

ferg

The images are proper size. We selected a Zoom feature that is not working properly with some browsers. We are having this corrected immediately and you will notice this fixed completely by Monday!

Thank you!

Overall, the site's not bad. I know you weren't asking for our critiques on your site, but this is stuff that will make people feel more comfortable setting up an account and working with you. So, if I had some more information about what is involved in being a seller, such as policies, and if there was an FAQ or something to help me get started under the "Support" tab then I might be more inclined to jump in because I'd know that you were making sure I had everything I need to be successful. There are also things you mentioned here in this post that I couldn't find any mention of on the site, such as "free merchant account to accept credit cards, a full marketing and advertising team behind the scenes". That's something I'd like to see some more information on. My wife's been struggling with Etsy quite a bit for her own handmade business, so another option would be great. I just want to make sure it's not going to cause her or me more headaches before I recommend it.

I would be happy to get any information you need. We just put it online today and are still adding information for users. L

Please check back Monday for a more complete launch with MUCH more informative pages for you to read over!

I am confident CraftStack and our team will be a fantastic alternative to using Etsy as I'm quite aware of all the issues that Etsy causes folks!

First thing's first. You're redirecting to a required SSL connection but not providing a trusted certificate. This is something that should be fixed immediately before any financial transactions occur. I'll trust it from a test network momentarily so I can look at the site further. In the meantime, you should only use HTTPS on pages where sensitive information is transferred. This will greatly increase the usability of the site as a whole.

Our SSL certificate will be active Sunday as we plan to do a complete launch on Monday. Thank you very much for your comments! You are correct, I would never transmit my secure information over a site that is not HTTPS.

The site is in fine shape, thank you! The issue with images is being corrected. The Zoom feature was causing problems with IE9. The image issue will be fixed in whole by Monday.

The images are proper size. We selected a Zoom feature that is not working properly with some browsers. We are having this corrected immediately and you will notice this fixed completely by Monday!

Thank you!

I would be happy to get any information you need. We just put it online today and are still adding information for users. L

Please check back Monday for a more complete launch with MUCH more informative pages for you to read over!

I am confident CraftStack and our team will be a fantastic alternative to using Etsy as I'm quite aware of all the issues that Etsy causes folks!

Our SSL certificate will be active Sunday as we plan to do a complete launch on Monday. Thank you very much for your comments! You are correct, I would never transmit my secure information over a site that is not HTTPS.

My comment was not intended to get your "dander" up. When you post info pertaining to a new site you should have it more finished than you have at this point.

You should state the date/dates your upgrades will be active. Sunday and/or Monday can be misconstrued.

All of us get excited about doing new things or setting up a new web site. You just jumped the gun a little.

ferg

Thank you!

I figured you guys were still working out some kinks. Servers are what I do for a living, so I know how the launch day always "works" ;)

I'd still really suggest removing HTTPS from the general browsing pages and leave it for when people are making transactions and logging in. That will make browsing a lot faster and cut down on unnecessary overhead. I'll keep checking it out over the next few days to see how it's coming along.

My comment was not intended to get your "dander" up. When you post info pertaining to a new site you should have it more finished than you have at this point.

You should state the date/dates your upgrades will be active. Sunday and/or Monday can be misconstrued.

All of us get excited about doing new things or setting up a new web site. You just jumped the gun a little.

ferg

Ferg,

My apologies if my response was spoken in-correctly to you. I had no intention of coming off as upset! :-) We just did a little pre-mature send out to get some feedback from folks and we seem to know pretty quickly the area's that need fixing! Im very glad to hear folks get excited about new ventures that can be beneficial to everyone! We are launching CraftStack so that all artist's who create products with their hand have an in-expensive way to get their items marketed and sold!

We are going to be making adjustments to the site over the next few days I will make a nice big post for everyone when EVERYTHING is corrected and ready to go!

Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you with us!

May I ask where you are based out of? Thanks :)

May I ask where you are based out of? Thanks :)

North Carolina

The bug for sale gives me confidence in using your services...?

Gotta get the Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy updated ;)

Gotta get the Terms Of Service and Privacy Policy updated ;)

We most certainly do! We are going to leave things down for a week so we can do editing and the necessary upgrades to bring the site up to a professional standard.

Thank you CyberThrasher for you encouraging comments and positive outlook for us! We plane to take customer service very seriously and unfortunately, as you know, getting a site launched bug free is tricky and takes time!

Thank you again!

My comment is not about the site but about the name. Craft stack does not seem to flow to me. Often times a name can cripple a busness. Also, if I am wrong about that I would still be carefull about using the word craft. It brings to mind glitter and hot glue on a t-shirt.

I do hope you do well.

Aaron

To everyone: CraftStack has worked all the kinks out and we have re-launched and are ready to go! Come on by and check us out!

http://www.craftstack.com

No you havent. There is still something wrong with your security certificate. Sorry, but that gives me bad vibes and I'll not be visiting your site.

........................................................................................................... So Sorry but :16:

Yup, I tried it too and it says (among other things)

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to www.craftstack.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

So I chose the button for the choice to ---->"Get Me Outta Here"

Gives me Bad Vibes too....... :head_hurts_kr:

Looks safe to me

I registered as a seller

hope to have something to sell soon :thumbsup:

Not giving "ME" bad vibes because I know you had some issues there in the past. But, yeah, it does need to be addressed still. Says no issuer chain was provided. Shouldn't be too bad to get fixed. I didn't have too much time to look around, but it looks pretty good now compared to what it was a couple months ago. I'll give it a deeper look and let you know if I find anything that should be addressed. Other than that, hopefully I'll be putting a couple of "stock" items I have up for sale soon :)

Before you guys blast a new website as being blatantly unsafe, please keep in mind that it's a NEW site and has a few things to work out. Instead of slandering just point out that there's something wrong so it can be addressed.

We indeed have worked through what we feel are all the kinks. We recently switched servers and that caused us about 50 hours of down time. CraftStack is A VERY SAFE SITE FOLKS! Our SSL Certificate is working properly and you may view that our SSL is working properly by looking in your address bar and noticing the "lock" in-front of our address.

CyberThrasher: We would love to have you and your products and thank you for your support and kinds words. We've worked extremely hard to really upgrade the site and brings things up to a current and professional level since you and me last spoke. As you know, when you switch servers, IP switching and what not can cause issues but things seem to be running smoothly now! We would LOVE to have you!

To everyone else: We would love to have folks Joining us! EVERYONE WHO JOINS GETS 4 MONTHS FREE!

Not giving "ME" bad vibes because I know you had some issues there in the past. But, yeah, it does need to be addressed still. Says no issuer chain was provided. Shouldn't be too bad to get fixed. I didn't have too much time to look around, but it looks pretty good now compared to what it was a couple months ago. I'll give it a deeper look and let you know if I find anything that should be addressed. Other than that, hopefully I'll be putting a couple of "stock" items I have up for sale soon :)

Before you guys blast a new website as being blatantly unsafe, please keep in mind that it's a NEW site and has a few things to work out. Instead of slandering just point out that there's something wrong so it can be addressed.

Hey! Thanks for your support in here! We've worked hard to brings things up to par so I thank you and im glad you notice the improvements. I wanted to let you know that everyone who signs up with us to list receives 4 FREE months with CraftStack so we would LOVE to have you join and list some items!

thanks!

Looks safe to me

I registered as a seller

hope to have something to sell soon :thumbsup:

Sounds GREAT! We're excited to have you and look forward to seeing your success with CraftStack!

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect

securely to www.craftstack.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely,

sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are

going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.

What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to

this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is

trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

I'm not slandering anyone. I'm merely expressing my discomfort over using a website that sends my security software into fits. Call it healthy skepticism if you like. I'm just not comfortable using it.

I checked it out and FF won't get to it.

IE will access it, but still pops up security questions. Load speed is abysmal.

Chrome will access it AND shows it as a secure site. Load speed is just above abysmal.

It's almost like there's a proxy server in North Carolina that's talking to another server somewhere else in the world.

All 9 pages will show, but the search function yields ZERO results, whether I search, 'category', 'primary material', or 'price range'...or any combination of those.

Over a month ago the site claimed they would have everything squared away. That still needs to happen, IMO.

Currently, the pages don't display in all browsers and not all the functions work on the pages.

To the owner/operator of Craftstack.com........there's still a LOT of things you need to get repaired, and some things you need to develop. Some of the 'issues' described by Cyberthrasher were wholly accepted, yet never implemented. I'm NOT an IT pro, but have dabbled enough to spot things that concern me. And a site that is released as 'ready to go', but isn't....well, that's one of them. Especially after 2 'pre-releases' to help identify problems.

The whole thing has one of two feelings to me- 1st is that you have a pretty good idea and are trying to run a site on your own, struggling through some of the technical issues. You're having problems with the tech side because you either won't or can't hire someone who speaks 'computer'. Either way, your efforts are suffering because of it.

The second feeling....well, unless there's some reported problems, I won't voice them.

In today's world of LOTS of people looking for work, I have a hard time conceiving that you can't find an IT professional or computer science major that isn't looking for a little side work.

I'm gonna bump this up to the boss, who IS an IT professional and get her input.