sodapop

anorexic dragon

well heres practice tool attempt #5...some spots i like and some spots i goofed...but again another

learning experience...1st time using pear shaders & used them for areas on the bones...

bones.jpg

darryl

p.s camera sux

post-6168-1213839633_thumb.jpg

:You_Rock_Emoticon:  YOU ARE A NATURAL!!!!!  Have to get you some more pattern ideas.  Very very nice!

Storm

that is one cool looking lizard. need to feed it a little more though. maybe a small village or something.

tom

soon storm...just want to get comfortable in a few areas then put the pieces together in something finished=0)

thanks tom...i think thats what hes on the prowl for and so pissed off cuz his tummy is grumblin' a little hehe

heya hammer...no background on this one...thats as far as this fellas gonna go...sometime i'll do the whole thing in a complete picture...but hell i can't even do a damn rock properly :head_hurts_kr: hehe

can someone tell me what to do with the land locked areas in general, example like the area inbetween his bottom jaw and the spine and/or the spots between his arm & ribs??...would you use a matter as a rule or just try to bevel like i did and leave it as is??...i used a matter between his individual ribs...not sure if thats the right technic in those "land locked" areas where you wouldn't have anything going to be tooled etc??

darryl

Edited by sodapop

:rofl:

that is one cool looking lizard. need to feed it a little more though. maybe a small village or something.

Hey Darryl,

Was going to send this on the side but the is some sort of server error and maybe this will work. If your Dragon is stand alone then you might try an A104 and created an overall texture. Here is some new stuff for you also.

Storm

:rofl:

Kate I think that there is a problem with the server.  See attahced. When I try to email Sodapop or Email Tomswede I get this. Does not make any sense as I had written several paragraphs.  Tried writing toyou and the system said that there was a server error. Just wanted to give someone a heads up.

That's awsome Darryl! :You_Rock_Emoticon:

That ribcage looks great, I never really used the pearshader but I think you got the hang of it. Gotta get a grip on that pearshader, awsome tool.

Looking forward to see more!

Storm:: you can email me at korpham(funnylittle a)gmail.com

sodapop, the Dragon looks real good. As too the "land locked" areas, what would most likely work best is to use a checkered pear shader, or even a backgrounder, then you can feather out from the outer edges of the dragon to give it just a bit of backgrounding. This will take the land locked areas and give them some depth, as well as the rest of the picture.

Ken

Hey Darryl,

Was going to send this on the side but the is some sort of server error and maybe this will work. If your Dragon is stand alone then you might try an A104 and created an overall texture. Here is some new stuff for you also.

Storm

Heres some good ideas from Clay that might be useful for theese dragons:

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?s...0&hl=scales

Tom

i appreciate it beaver...i think i'm on the right track then...thats what i was figurin...cuz it worked well inbetween the ribs...i do have those pear backgrounders...gotta keep my terms straight :wacko: ...atleast ya understood my landlocked lingo lol

hey storm...those pics are very cool..i'll have to come up with some finished item to put them on...hate to waste the time that i know i'd put into those just to toss them...i'm thinking notebook puter cases might be something i'd have the room to do these sizes of design...what do ya think?? or a dumb idea :thumbsdown:

thanks tom...glad ya diggit...im definately have to use clays technics on the next one that has flesh lol...work excellent for those designs storm posted ;o) ...i guess i was originally thinking pear shaders were just for leaves and such...but just grabbed them and gave it a go...seemed to work and gave the effect i wanted...dunno if typically one would use a modeler instead as a rule?? :dunno: ...i'm pretty much wingin it with this tooling thing...and just hope it turns out okay lol

darryl

You are doing awesome work. I have to be honest. I don't thing there is a piece yet that comes out "perfect" on me but that is what is PERFECT for me. I like my stuff a bit rugged. You are really doing great though.

i appreciate the good words there spider...i understand what you saying...and regardless how frustrated i can get with it sometimes, especially braiding :wacko: ...i always come back to it...this leatherwork deal just has a way of growin on a ya :red_bandana:

darryl