Sign in to follow this  
Bigfoot

Simplex Stitcher Advice, Similar To Goodyear Outsoler

Hi all,

One of my currrent projects is to get this old Simplex Stitcher back to working order...I know it is obsolete but I have a passion for these old machines.

So far i have had a pressure foot made as the original was broken and it seems to try and sew well but the problem at the mo is tension i think?... it will punch a hole, push the the hook through and grab the thread...spin it round the bobbin... but then there seems to be no tension to pull all that thread tight before the next stitch??

I'm sure i will work it out eventually but if there is someone here who can help then that would be great..

Many thanks

Gary

PS Sorry but cant add a pic as the image is too big and I cant work out how to make it smaller!!

With my experience on a Landis #3 I would say you don't have it threaded right. Try revolving the wheel and pull the top thread, if it pulls without tension it is threaded wrong or your thread grabbers are worn or not adjusted properly. Hope this helps.

PS Sorry but cant add a pic as the image is too big and I cant work out how to make it smaller!!

If you are using MS Outlook for email, email it to yourself and let Outlook resize it for you. Else look through the computer help section and find help there. One program you can use is IrfanView http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm. Resize to max 800 pixels wide.

CTG

tnawrot2 i'm sure you are right and it is not threaded right, I did try to follow an old scanned manual but you can hardly read it and can't see the pictures so it's not easy. It seemed then to be too tight and not feeding thread at all so I bypassed the lube pot and then it was too loose?

I will have another go at it soon but here's some pics so you know what I'm talking about and it says KS1 on the side?.

post-13860-0-35060800-1349555751_thumb.j

post-13860-0-01368100-1349555777_thumb.j

post-13860-0-21550100-1349555798_thumb.j