electrathon

What Part Of Leather Is More Fun

I have found that in so many areas of life, not just leather work, that I enjoy the learning process more than I do the finished product. When I start a new hobby I like attending classes, locating and buying tools and then the finished product. I am talented in a number of areas, so new hobbies are always coming along. I do them for a few years, but after a while I master it and then look to other areas of fun. Do others have this too or is it me?

Aaron

im pretty much the same way. it keeps it fun to challenge yourself.

I have found that in so many areas of life, not just leather work, that I enjoy the learning process more than I do the finished product. When I start a new hobby I like attending classes, locating and buying tools and then the finished product. I am talented in a number of areas, so new hobbies are always coming along. I do them for a few years, but after a while I master it and then look to other areas of fun. Do others have this too or is it me?

Aaron

Hi Aaron:

They have a term for that type of personality. "Life Long Learners" I am very much like that. I like the learning process, collecting the tools, and all that stuff. (This is probably why I have 15 guitars, 1 bass, 2 mandolins, and 2 ukuleles... LOL)

I find my biggest problem is the mess I create. So after some nagging to myself, I put things way... and may or may not return to the hobby until much later. Case in point, I got most of my tools and kits in 2006, I cleaned up and put them away and didn't touch them again until hubby needed a new belt after his old one ripped apart. But I'm back to it now and have found that some of my other crafting things work well as "tools" in this genre.... I'll probably continue for a while... at least until I can't stand the mess anymore. ha!

Edited by Sylvia

Hi Aaron,

The journey is always more fun for me, but I like to use and watch others use my workproduct. Having been in the computer industry for a while, I like to see big systems or even small programs run, especially if I had a major hand in it.

Now you got to have a lot of nerve asking if a guy who makes BDSM gear if he likes to make it or use it. It is more fun to make it? Naaaaaaaaaaa.

Art

Aaron

Hi Aaron:

They have a term for that type of personality. "Life Long Learners" I am very much like that. I like the learning process, collecting the tools, and all that stuff. (This is probably why I have 15 guitars, 1 bass, 2 mandolins, and 2 ukuleles... LOL)

I find my biggest problem is the mess I create. So after some nagging to myself, I put things way... and may or may not return to the hobby until much later. Case in point, I got most of my tools and kits in 2006, I cleaned up and put them away and didn't touch them again until hubby needed a new belt after his old one ripped apart. But I'm back to it now and have found that some of my other crafting things work well as "tools" in this genre.... I'll probably continue for a while... at least until I can't stand the mess anymore. ha!

I tend to live in the mess, so I am used to it. I actually feel security from having all the stuff around. I like being able to look through the shop and find some tool from years ago and fix something.

Hi Aaron,

The journey is always more fun for me, but I like to use and watch others use my workproduct. Having been in the computer industry for a while, I like to see big systems or even small programs run, especially if I had a major hand in it.

Now you got to have a lot of nerve asking if a guy who makes BDSM gear if he likes to make it or use it. It is more fun to make it? Naaaaaaaaaaa.

Art

I really like it when things I do fixe something. I tend to go over to friends houses and end up doing repairs. And yes, I have even gone to a wedding and ended up fixing someones car.

Of course, with BSDM stuff getting to use it is always good. Sometimes the stories you hear back from others are good too :) Hint: It is more fun to make stuff for girls and then get them to tell you about the event than it is to hear from a guy.

I tend to live in the mess, so I am used to it. I actually feel security from having all the stuff around. I like being able to look through the shop and find some tool from years ago and fix something.

oh yeah, know that feeling. The trouble is when you have so much stuff you can't find anything. I have a guitar strap kit somewhere.... I knew where it was then cleaned up that area... and now I can't find it!

I'll find it eventually... but cripes it would be nice to find it soon.