Sign in to follow this  
DoubleBarP

Weaver Leather Slicker

Can anyone point me towards where I can pick up a Weaver -9- Leather Slicker? I had the chance to see how they work the other day and it would sure speed up the process on edge burnising ..... I've checked the web and no luck. I'm not a "dealer" so I cannot buy direct from Weaver. My favorite supplier Springfield does not carry them....Looking for the wood model #65-2961

thanks!

DBP

I wiould check out Bearman and see if he has one in a similar configuration. I used to get the wooden Weaver ones (yes, plural). I was doing a lot of work and they are a time saver. The problem is that each time you chuck that wooden shank into the drill press it might make a dent in the wood. Eventually they would chip out or get out of round. I used them until the stem broke off and would order another. I was going through a few a year, but for the money, they were saving me that much in time. I got a metal shank one from Norm Lynds maybe 6-7 years ago and still use that another he did. One I use for dyed edges and one for plain - they dye will come off some and trasfer to undyed edges. I don't know if Norm is still making them, but for sure Bearman and his son are.

Can anyone point me towards where I can pick up a Weaver -9- Leather Slicker? I had the chance to see how they work the other day and it would sure speed up the process on edge burnising ..... I've checked the web and no luck. I'm not a "dealer" so I cannot buy direct from Weaver. My favorite supplier Springfield does not carry them....Looking for the wood model #65-2961

thanks!

DBP

If you have a drill press or dremel tool check out http://www.leatherburnishers.com the bits have more functions and you don't need to dedicate bench space to a single purpose machine. Not to mention hundreds of dollars cheaper! ;)

Edit: the website above is the website for Bearman and Beary that Bruce mentioned seconds before me. You can also see their leatherworking mauls there now too.

Edited by Spinner

If you have a drill press or dremel tool check out http://www.leatherburnishers.com the bits have more functions and you don't need to dedicate bench space to a single purpose machine. Not to mention hundreds of dollars cheaper! ;)

Edit: the website above is the website for Bearman and Beary that Bruce mentioned seconds before me. You can also see their leatherworking mauls there now too.

Thanks for the information. Checked their website and it seems to be what I'm looking for. Gonna order - of I can figure out how... Sent them an emailll

You were most helpful...

DBP

I wiould check out Bearman and see if he has one in a similar configuration. I used to get the wooden Weaver ones (yes, plural). I was doing a lot of work and they are a time saver. The problem is that each time you chuck that wooden shank into the drill press it might make a dent in the wood. Eventually they would chip out or get out of round. I used them until the stem broke off and would order another. I was going through a few a year, but for the money, they were saving me that much in time. I got a metal shank one from Norm Lynds maybe 6-7 years ago and still use that another he did. One I use for dyed edges and one for plain - they dye will come off some and trasfer to undyed edges. I don't know if Norm is still making them, but for sure Bearman and his son are.

thanks. checked nothing on their web page... Thanks also for the review. Found it helpful and it nuged me towards the metal shank unit...

Thank's once again

DBP