Sign in to follow this  
CDragonworks

Looking For Tandy Pattern They Insist They Never Had!

I had the Tandy Hat patterns back some years ago... well we had a bit of water get into our storage area and made the pattern stick together...we salvaged some of it but not all...then it vanished(not sure where) So I went to Tandy and they insist they NEVER had a hat pack... anyone have or know where I can get the pattern pack???? I really would like to find it because I want to make a couple of hats from it... the top hat was AWESOME! Cat

I believe I have that pattern but its not for sale. if I get a chance Ill see if I can get it copied. Bronc

I have that pattern somewhere too. I also used the pattern that the very honorable Tom Banwell provide for the top hat he made. This is a link to the Forum Topic he posted showing his top hat. He gives the pattern a little ways down the page. I used this pattern for my own hat.

Edited by TTcustom

Well, I got it too...Someone at Tandy needs some history lessons of the inventory:-)

Here's the scan I just made and the pattern number is printed on it.

post-5624-004928200 1283152182_thumb.jpg

LOL cant fool a long time leathercrafter lol. most of us know all the kits n patterns they offered threw the years. must be a young un at the tandy store lol. Bronc

It is not in the catalogs now so as far as they are concerned they never existed! If any of you have them and will sell it or???? I really do want a different Topper pattern! Thanks Guys at least I know I am not NUTS!HEHE!cat

LOL cant fool a long time leathercrafter lol. most of us know all the kits n patterns they offered threw the years. must be a young un at the tandy store lol. Bronc

If any of you have them and will sell it or????

If nowone here has one for sale, keep an eye on Ebay...This pattern shows up there from time to time.

//Tina

Hey all,

About a year ago I came across info that there are 2 tandy stores selling reprints of the cowboy hat pattern from that patern package. One of them is the twin city store managed by Johan Potgeiter (sorry for misspelling the name). I think the other was someplace in Dixie, I don't recall exactly.

I also found a website of some group that had scans of the gambler hat patern on it. I don't remember the adress but if you google for "gambler hat patern" I believe you will find it.

You will see that they say to use 4-5 oz. I made myself a hat of larger proportion than the gambler hat and used 4-5 oz and the same method of construction they listed. In my opinion 4-5 oz is to heavy. It's sort of like wearing plywood. If I ever make another hat I will use 2-3oz instead. That might make the crown part a little floppy tho so maybe 4-5 oz is needed for that. Just an F Y I

I currently do not have any of the patterns in the Minneapolis store (working on it and will have copies again soon), but in the mean time you can go to my blog

LeatherLearn

and search for 'leather hat' and then look for the link to the static web pages on how to make the hat. At the bottom of that web page is a downloadable copy of the top hat pattern in 1/2 size - simply take it to Kinko's and have it doubled...

I know it is an old post and before I joined this group but for anyone else who finds themselves looking for something that Tandy used to have and no longer runs, or finds that a store employee insists that it never existed, just ignore that fact and check out Tandy's Leathercraft Library. This site is dedicated to patterns of projects from long ago as well as a vast range of books that are no longer in print or about to go out of print. And the best part is, they are much cheaper to purchase, download, and print than getting the book.

That non existant pattern exists on Tandys leathercraft Library and is downloadable for $3.99. You can download it onto a thumb drive take it to Kinkos, staples etc. and have them print the pattern you want. https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1210-2662-leather-hat-pattern-pak.aspx