Sign in to follow this  
rschreck

Not Exactly "showing Off" But Here's A Belt....

So I tried making a belt and my stamping didn't come out as well as I thought. After dying and all that other stuff, I hated the way it looked. So I took my random orbital sander (which I normally use to make tabletops) to it. I then cased the area where I stamped my name again, re-stamped the letters, dyed it, highlighted it, and then took the random orbital sander to it again. After all of that, I kind of like it now. The letters seemed to stamp really well the second time. All of the other stamping is there but it's not that great. Sorry, I took the photos with my phone.

95b4KNyl.jpg

QSsRPTIl.jpg

YutBXoMl.jpg

Hmmmm....maybe you found a new way to do belts...haha....I usually take the sander to my work when I am mad or such...hehe....but in your case you might just found a new way of making it look different.

Keep making belts, keep working on new ideas and keep improving....ohhh and keep this picture handy and look at it again when you make you belt number 100.

Then you see...nothing is bad, bad is only not improving....and you did already....taking the sander to it!!!!!

You will see, you be making killer belts in no time!!

Good first try and sure will hold up your pants, no matter what....never give up!

Well done!

Jimbob