jbossartcustomgunleather

Leather Secrets By F.o. Baird

For sale is a vintage copy of F.O. Baird's Leather Secrets. It is in perfect original condition with no signs of use or wear, no folds creases marks etc. This is a wonderful piece for your collection. Asking $300.

post-43442-0-79104800-1374766852_thumb.j

post-43442-0-66916100-1374766888_thumb.j

post-43442-0-90591600-1374766921_thumb.j

Edited by jbossartcustomgunleather

Your competing with Tandy right now they have new for $175.00 if you have an Elite account.

I noticed they started printing again, but this one is a vintage collectible in mint condition. I had no idea they were priced at $175.

I saw the new version at Tandy list price of $300 on sale for $240 gold or $180 elite. My thought is it is way overpriced. I sure a heck wouldn't spend $180 much less $240 or $300 on a book that you are going to cut up in order to use the patterns. Most copy place aren't going to let you make copies of a published book. You can tell them you own it but I have had issues just getting paper patterns copied in D size at Kinko's. Seems to me like they would have been better off doing the book in a "paperback" format with the large patterns as single sheets. In any case it is so typical of Tandy these days with regards to their pricing of everything. In the past I spent a great deal of money with Tandy but couldn't get "elite" pricing because I didn't have a tax id. Don't have that problem dealing with Springfield Leather.

It does seem expensive for a book, and I have not seen one of the new editions in person, but my vintage copy is massive in size and weight a table top sized book. The book contains a lot of information on techniques in addition to the patterns, and in all honesty I don't consider the prices unreasonable for the sheer quantity of insight into skills and techniques discussed as well as the patterns. You may actually really like the book, feel free to make me an offer...

Had a look at the new printing by Tandy. It is a large book, will cover a lot of your coffee table. Screw post binding on the long side. Portrait printed for the single sheets. About an inch thick. Some sheets fold out 4 times, so need the be taken out of the book to work with. It's more than I want to pay for. But would make a good present for a leatherworker! I made a suggestion, now see what happens at Christmas!

Tom

Take a look at the tool sale at www.proleptic.net . I saw 2 copies of this at a very reasonable price.

God Bless.

Ray

I'm a member of several forums, and this type of hijacking of a for sale thread would never be tolerated. Respect should be shown to the seller, if you don't like their price you stay silent and move on, if you are interested and want to discuss price privately ok, but I am very surprised by the lack of respect in this thread. These types of posts would surely get you banned in other forums that I frequent, this is quite uncivilized.

this is quite uncivilized.

agreed and most should just keep their key board silent

or post in another spot with info imho

David

Edited by Greystone

Thin skin I guess. Read and go on, no big deal is it?

Didn't bother me at all. Sure have been a lot worse things happening. LOL

ferg

Thin skin I guess.

Actually, forum etiquette. The polite responce is that it is rude.

its a stretch but do you still have the book?

Jess