Sign in to follow this  
BlueRaven

Need Help With Stain And Sheen

Hi everyone. I am really new at this. I finished a kit from Tandy and am taking a class but not until January. I wanted to keep practicing so I made my daughter a bracelet but the stain rubbed off on her wrist. I was hoping that someone can tell me what i did wrong. I put the stain on and then the super shene the next day. I did stain and sheen both sides. Did I do something wrong? Did I miss a step? Any help would be really appreciated. I posted in How do I do that but have not gotten any replys yet. I just want to keep practicing until I can take a class and learn more. Thanks again for any help.

What type of stain did you use or was it a dye (color also)? Normally after the dye dries you need to remove the residue that is left behind, especially with black. Then seal it. I don't have any experience with super shene. You may want to try two thin coats especially on the inside. I also use leather balm with atom wax between dying and sealing.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Edited by kc8290