I have been wanting to try one and this is the outcome. I'd appreciate your critiques as it's all about improving .

Thanks for looking, Ray

MVC-014S.JPG

MVC-013S.JPG

MVC-015S.JPG

MVC-016S.JPG

MVC-024S.JPG

MVC-025S.JPG

MVC-028S.JPG

MVC-027S.JPG

post-6961-127265881927_thumb.jpg

post-6961-127265890932_thumb.jpg

post-6961-127265898087_thumb.jpg

post-6961-127265903961_thumb.jpg

post-6961-127266065934_thumb.jpg

post-6961-12726607128_thumb.jpg

post-6961-127266092352_thumb.jpg

post-6961-127266101413_thumb.jpg

I looked, but could not find anything to criticize....I say very well done for your first effort.!

The belt slot looks just a tad wide, but I'm really splittin hairs now....

Good job.

Edited by Rayban

Nice job for your first avenger. The more you make, the more you will refine the construction process and the better they will get. I would probably change a few things to meet my personal tastes/needs:

I think that it would look a little more finished if you dyed the edges - you can dye them the same color or go a little darker (my personal preference), I just find they look better when the edges aren't lighter than the main color.

Design wise, you might consider lining up the direction of the tunnel loop a little more with the location of the belt slot. This makes it easier to thread a heavy weight belt into, and it also allows more contact with the belt. More contact surface helps to keep the holster from sliding around too much unintentionally (but it is still easy to move on purpose if you want to). More contact also helps limit "holster rocking" when you establish your grip.

I also see you have the "particle-esque" point above the belt slot. I never had good luck leaving any "points" exposed on my work; it looks good, but it can get roughed up and start looking a little dog-eared too easily.

If you are using a machine to stitch your holsters, you can save yourself a little time by sewing in a continuous path; start the stitch line next to the pistol, sew around the outside edge of the holster, then finish by sewing the [decorative] second line next to the pistol. This way you don't have to tie off more than two ends. I actually sew back over my original stitch line when I make my holsters, just so the thread ends aren't put under so much stress, but you can't do that with certain machines, and it can be a real pain to do if you are hand stitching.

Those are just suggestions, not criticisms. Feel free to ignore any advice you don't agree with.

I looked, but could not find anything to criticize....I say very well done for your first effort.!

The belt slot looks just a tad wide, but I'm really splittin hairs now....

Good job.

Thanks, The belt loops are pretty tight. I do need to align them better when I do another one.

Thanls, Ray

Nice job for your first avenger. The more you make, the more you will refine the construction process and the better they will get. I would probably change a few things to meet my personal tastes/needs:

I think that it would look a little more finished if you dyed the edges - you can dye them the same color or go a little darker (my personal preference), I just find they look better when the edges aren't lighter than the main color.

Design wise, you might consider lining up the direction of the tunnel loop a little more with the location of the belt slot. This makes it easier to thread a heavy weight belt into, and it also allows more contact with the belt. More contact surface helps to keep the holster from sliding around too much unintentionally (but it is still easy to move on purpose if you want to). More contact also helps limit "holster rocking" when you establish your grip.

I also see you have the "particle-esque" point above the belt slot. I never had good luck leaving any "points" exposed on my work; it looks good, but it can get roughed up and start looking a little dog-eared too easily.

If you are using a machine to stitch your holsters, you can save yourself a little time by sewing in a continuous path; start the stitch line next to the pistol, sew around the outside edge of the holster, then finish by sewing the [decorative] second line next to the pistol. This way you don't have to tie off more than two ends. I actually sew back over my original stitch line when I make my holsters, just so the thread ends aren't put under so much stress, but you can't do that with certain machines, and it can be a real pain to do if you are hand stitching.

Those are just suggestions, not criticisms. Feel free to ignore any advice you don't agree with.

Thanks, I was curious about how it would look with the natural edges so it was just for that reason I didn't dye them. I've not done a holster that the leather wrapped around the gun so consequently the second hand stitch line was an after thought because I wasn't going to get the retention it needed.

I have alot of work to do to get to where I could start selling a few and I so appreciate the time taken to comment

Thanks, Ray