This is a Time Lapse video of an Anvil Puritan Wallet Build I did for a recent customer. The Puritan Wallet is one I designed for those who just want to carry the minimal....and also want to chain it up. Each Purtian Wallet comes WITH a handmade custom "Shorty Chain" that I build. Its shorter than my regular 22" chains and has a cool stainless bolt clasp....hard to find those in STAINLESS steel. leather chain wallet, wallet chain

Thanks for watching. www.anvilcustoms.com

What is the sticky back piece you put down?

Hmmmm....not sure I know what you mean.....

The Puritan Wallet is 3 pieces, 2 outer and 1 inner to act as a divider between pockets. Sticky back piece? I do use adhesive to secure my Anvil Logo Liner to each layer of leather......

Your logo piece on the inside is what I was talking about. Where do you get/have them made?

Your logo piece on the inside is what I was talking about. Where do you get/have them made?

fabricondemand.com

You can submit your logo and choose fabric color.....possibilities are almost endless.....basically design your own fabric to be made.

I use 7 ounce cotton duck.....really lightweight CANVAS....I use to use 10 ounce, but just a tad too heavy. Very durable.

Edited by anvilcustoms

Thanks I have been toying with the idea of having a custom liner made for my products

Good video Ryan, I enjoyed watching it and the music was good also.

David

Thanks David.

That is a lot of fun to watch! Thank you. Awesome craftsmanship. Love your work and website.

That is a lot of fun to watch! Thank you. Awesome craftsmanship. Love your work and website.

Thank you for your kind words, All4Christ.

really enjoyed your video, many thanks for sharing....the wallet is awesome too :)

really enjoyed your video, many thanks for sharing....the wallet is awesome too :)

Thanks Jax

Thanks I have been toying with the idea of having a custom liner made for my products

There are less expensive options than the 7 ounce cotton duck I use.....its pricy at $29 PER YARD!

That's a great video dude! I'm curious about this too. At the :28 second mark it looks like you're peeling something and sticking it to your leather. Is it a peel-n-stick adhesive for the liner? I'm curious what it is... I'd love to not breathe in fumes from my contact cement.

Thanks for posting it up!

Cheers,

Andy

I watched this video a few weeks back (thanks for opening me up to Explosions in the sky). I was thinking about that adhesive thing at work today. It looks like your leather has an adhesive made onto it and you just pealed it of and pressed it to your liner. either way, love your wallets, and the fact that they can take a bullet. Keep up the good work!

-Murf

That's a great video dude! I'm curious about this too. At the :28 second mark it looks like you're peeling something and sticking it to your leather. Is it a peel-n-stick adhesive for the liner? I'm curious what it is... I'd love to not breathe in fumes from my contact cement.

Thanks for posting it up!

Cheers,

Andy

I watched this video a few weeks back (thanks for opening me up to Explosions in the sky). I was thinking about that adhesive thing at work today. It looks like your leather has an adhesive made onto it and you just pealed it of and pressed it to your liner. either way, love your wallets, and the fact that they can take a bullet. Keep up the good work!

-Murf

The leather itself doesn't have an adhesive backing....I have to apply it. I buy transfer tape from 3M (I'm letting a trade secret go here.....but I'm sure you're all worth it! lol)......its WAAAAYY expensive, but like you said....I don't want to breath the glue fumes either. Not easy finding the right type of adhesive that does the job that glue does.....but this particular transfer tape is incredible strong, very sticky, adheres VERY well. I apply it to the leather first, then I apply the liner (my 7 ounce cotton duck logo liner) to the underside of the leather, then its off to the clicker!

Thanks for watching the video, I just wish people would SHARE it more.....very few do. It would make this whole social media thing more fun and worth the time making good videos if people would share them more. Oh well.....it was fun to make anyways.

Have you guys seen my new genuine Python Snake Wallets??!! Check it out: http://anvilcustoms.com/blogs/leather-blog/8231995-genuine-snakeskin-wallets-new-from-anvil

The leather itself doesn't have an adhesive backing....I have to apply it. I buy transfer tape from 3M (I'm letting a trade secret go here.....but I'm sure you're all worth it! lol)......its WAAAAYY expensive, but like you said....I don't want to breath the glue fumes either. Not easy finding the right type of adhesive that does the job that glue does.....but this particular transfer tape is incredible strong, very sticky, adheres VERY well. I apply it to the leather first, then I apply the liner (my 7 ounce cotton duck logo liner) to the underside of the leather, then its off to the clicker!

Thanks for watching the video, I just wish people would SHARE it more.....very few do. It would make this whole social media thing more fun and worth the time making good videos if people would share them more. Oh well.....it was fun to make anyways.

Have you guys seen my new genuine Python Snake Wallets??!! Check it out: http://anvilcustoms....-new-from-anvil

Thanks for sharing a little secret! I looked that stuff up and yes, VERY expensive! Seems like a good time/lung saver though... might have to shop around. Video=shared! ;-)

Andy

Thanks for sharing a little secret! I looked that stuff up and yes, VERY expensive! Seems like a good time/lung saver though... might have to shop around. Video=shared! ;-)

Andy

The best price I've found on that transfar tape outside of buying direct from a 3M vendor is AMAZON.com. I know you should be able to find SMALL pieces of similar tape sheets at fabric stores such as JoAnns or Hancocks or a craftstore like Michaels......you might toy with that first....