Sign in to follow this  
MtDweller

Looking For U.s.m.c. Neck Stock Pattern

Just out of my own curiosity, I would like to reproduce a Marine Corps Leather Neck. Like the Marines got one of their nicknames from. Preferably the most recent version which would have been late 1800s to WW 1 era if I am guessing correctly. I have done several searches and struck out.

Does anyone have a pattern or know where I can find pictures of the Neck Stock. With photos or drawings of one I should be able to reproduce it.

Thank you in advance.

R

Edited because the Title did not keep U S M C capitalized. I do not wish to insult those that are serving or have served.

Edited by MtDweller

Well, if nobody here has a pattern, maybe try contacting the National USMC Museum?: http://www.virtualusmcmuseum.com/

They also have a page of links to other USMC museums and historical associations: http://www.usmcmuseum.com/marine_links.asp

Thank You Winter Bear.

Good luck. I hope you can find what you need.

R,

Look for an Army neck stock from around the time of the American War for Independence. The Army was wearing these things before the Marines thought they were "COOL"

Bob

Just out of my own curiosity, I would like to reproduce a Marine Corps Leather Neck. Like the Marines got one of their nicknames from. Preferably the most recent version which would have been late 1800s to WW 1 era if I am guessing correctly. I have done several searches and struck out.

Does anyone have a pattern or know where I can find pictures of the Neck Stock. With photos or drawings of one I should be able to reproduce it.

Thank you in advance.

R

Edited because the Title did not keep U S M C capitalized. I do not wish to insult those that are serving or have served.