wildrose

The passing of a special young woman

Some of you may know my friend Ann McGrath, of Bethlehem, PA. She has called herself the Bead Lady and does a great job with jewellry and small leather pieces (wristbands, fobs and the like) Last month she lost her daughter, Margret, after an extended illness. Those who have met Margret will surely never forget her cheerful outlook and eagerness to make everyone her friend. I was proud to have her give me the honorary "Aunt" title.

I know Ann put many years of her life into Margret's special needs and care, and I am certain this is an extremely difficult time for her and her remaining daughters. There is surely an emptiness in her life, experienced of course by all those who have lost a child, and moreso one who required extra attention for health care. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

After I heard the news, I went home and gave my son an extra tight hug. Do the same for those in your life. Margret would do it if she were here.

Here is the text of the obituaries from the two local papers:

Published in the Morning Call on 7/17/2008:

Margret Gail Muccitelli, 37, beloved daughter of Ann and John McGrath of Bethlehem, and Louis P. Muccitelli of Flagstaff, Ariz., loving sister of Florence Trevino, Helen Muccitelli and Rose Muccitelli-Thompson, and devoted auntie to two nieces and five nephews, and also survived by two grandfathers, aunts, uncles, cousins and too many friends to enumerate, died peacefully in the midst of her family Monday, July 14, 2008, at Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia. Born in Allentown, she lived in the Lehigh Valley her whole life. Through Via of the Lehigh Valley, she volunteered at Project Child of Valley Youth House, Meals on Wheels of Northampton County, Lehigh Valley Hospitals Outpatient Surgical Department, Musikfest, Kirkland Village, Praxis and 3rd Street Alliance of Easton, among others. She attended the day program at Concepts of Bethlehem. A 1992 graduate of Wilson High School, she gave an address at the ceremonies. Margret often said, I would do anything to help ..... To honor her generous, helpful spirit, in lieu of flowers, donations to www.chop.edu. Services: A Celebration of Margrets Life will be held at 8 p.m. Friday in John F. Herron Funeral Home, 458 Center at Market streets, Bethlehem. Visitation, 6-8 p.m. Friday in the funeral home. The family requests that you dress in party style to help celebrate Margrets life and spirit. Contributions: In lieu of flowers, to the Cardiac Center of Childrens Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th Street and Civic Center Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104-4399.

From the Easton Express Times:

Margret Gail Muccitelli, 37, died peacefully in the midst of her family Monday, July 14, 2008 at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Born: In Allentown, Pa, Margret was a daughter of Ann and John McGrath of Bethlehem, Pa and Louis P. Muccitelli of Flagstaff, Arizona. Personal: Margret lived in the Lehigh Valley her whole life. Through Via of the Lehigh Valley, she volunteered at Project Child of Valley Youth House, Meals on Wheels of Northampton County, Lehigh Valley Hospital's Outpatient Surgical Department, Musikfest, Kirkland Village, and Praxis and 3rd Street Alliance of Easton, among others. She also attended the day program at Concepts of Bethlehem. A 1992 graduate of Wilson High School, she gave an address at the ceremonies. Survivors: In addition to her beloved parents, Ann and John of Bethlehem, Margret is survived by her sisters, Florence Treviño, Helen Muccitelli, and Rose Muccitelli-Thompson; two nieces; five nephews; two grandfathers; aunts; uncles; cousins, and too many friends to enumerate. Services: A celebration of Margret's life will be held Friday at 8 p.m. in the John F. Herron Funeral Home, 458 Center At Market Street, Bethlehem. Visitation will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. in the funeral home. The family requests that you dress in party style to help celebrate Margret's life and spirit. Memorials: Margret often said, "I would do anything to help" To honor her generous, helpful spirit, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to www.chop.edu or to the Cardiac Center of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, 34th St. and Civic Center Blvd., Philadelphia, PA 19104-4399.