okay so i have been painting leather bronc nosebands for retail sales.

i use acrylic paints.

but i have been playing around with sealer.

the one i have now works pretty well but could be better it cracks but very tiny cracks.

the leather is oiled on one side and i paint on the back side of it.

i only pay ten bucks a peice for leather

so what im getting at is what sealer should i use to protect from water and keep from cracking

and should i be using a different type of leather, could anyone give me the same or better deal?

i attached a pic of my work!

post-19705-081744700 1297369617_thumb.jp

You have to give folks time to look. A little over a hour isn't much time and their maybe alot of lookers before somebody can tell you what to use or what they use.

i use acrylic paints.

the one i have now works pretty well but could be better it cracks but very tiny cracks.

so what im getting at is what sealer should i use to protect from water and keep from cracking

and should i be using a different type of leather, could anyone give me the same or better deal?

howdy syd,if you will surf this site you'll get all kinds of help n ideas!oily leather is not condusive to holding acrylics you need a veg tanned saddle leather or strap lea in natural.many talented painters on here just go look n find good luck p

I use Satin-Shene over my acrylics, haven't had any cracking.

hello!

do you think this would work

i just ordered the acrylic finisher

http://turtlefeather...s.html#finisher

I've never used that product, but there others here, Tina comes to mind, use Angelus all the time. I'd say it works.

I've never used that product, but there others here, Tina comes to mind, use Angelus all the time. I'd say it works.

Yup...It works for me and no cracking. If I have understod your writing....Do you paint the back side (flesh side) or do I miss something? In that case I have never used it.

I use spirit dye then I oil the whole surface with neatfoot oil (not the compound) and wait for at least 24 hours, I then use the sealer and it works out just fine.

if i bought this in the color natural would u be able to paint it with out cracking

http://www.riataleat...k/prod_225.html

You need to make sure it is a natural finish not just a natural color, in other words totally unfinished gods (which I doubt) I would make one from scratch to be sure.

i use acrylic paints.

i have found that what works for my painted nose bands is a product called Angelus brand acrylic finisher. it's water resistant, doesn't allow the paint to crack and leaves a nice high gloss finish to your paint and leather dyes. just make sure your paint has dried for at least 24 hours and apply with a good paint brush. don't allow it to puddle and use a very thin coat. hope this helps.