Sign in to follow this  
jimmy eng

Zipped Outer Wallet

I'm trying to figure out how to make this kind of wallet. http://www.oki-ni.co...nvt/com0870blu/

How I thought how it would work was that I'd cement the lining and the outer leather to the zip then machine stitch it so both sides have equal seam edges. Am I correct in that thinking? I have a lot of of kangaroo lace cut offs that I thought would be good for the outer and inner if I didn't want to line it. The kangaroo is pretty stiff though so I don't think my machine (industrial straight or domestic with leather needle) would take it but I'll play around with it today, I thought if I posted what I'm doing maybe someone could give me a point of view on what they'd do. I'd prefer to hand stitch but building a big enough stitching pony is on my list of things to do when I get paid :spoton:

Is the kangaroo good for this kind of project? It's cut offs from hides to make lace with so it's really thin and stiff.

I tried a sample on my industrial and it seems to work the way I thought it was assembled. I think the problem was going around a corner and too much glue but it's only a matter of practice getting it right. :lol: