Lwleather

Looking for a "beading tool".

I'm looking for what I think is called a beading tool or a beader. It is used to make that bead, groove or crease on the outside edge of leather, like on belts and saddle bags. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has one or where I can find one. Thanks in advance!! Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Creasers or Beaders can frequently be found on ebay in Leather Tools. There are often old Osbornes anf Gomphs available. I would recommend calling Bob Douglas....he deals in the old good tools and will have some nice ones on hand. They are also available from Jeremiah Watt who manufactures his own. Osborne probably still makes them but the old tools are better.

Hope this helps....

Bobby

Douglas Tools

307-737-2222

Sheridan, WY

Jeremiah Watt

Vandyke Ranch

HC1, Box 34

Coalinga, CA 93210

559-935-2172

(EMAIL: email)

http://www.ranch2arena.com

C. S. Osborne

125 Jersey St.

Harrison, NJ 07029

Tel 973-483-3232

Those guys at Douglas Tools have some really awesome tools and are really helpful. I saw them at the Wichita Falls roundup and they have so many nice tools and really helped me alot in a few areas.

Phillip Sims

Jeremiah only is making one size and it will work if you need a really narrow bead. Barry King makes the push beaders in four sizes and I like them pretty well. I would agree with the suggestion of Bob Douglas also. I ordered a set of new Osbornes a few years ago and they were the crude makings of a tool, and all but unusable the way they came.