Just attempted to make my first holster over the weekend and purchased a blue gun. I do not know a lot about weapons so I am sorry if this sounds dumb but....I bought a Glock 19 blue gun. The description says Glock 19/23/32. Does that mean the same blue gun can be used for Glock 19, Glock 23, and Glock 32 weapons? Thanks

That is correct. The intent is that that blue gun can mold a holster that will fit either of those three models.

Yes. The exterior dimensions are the same. These are different caliber (9mm, .40, and .357 in order) so they have different LOADED weight (and mag capacity) but the holster is the same.

Incidentally, the Glock 17, 22, and 31 will snap into that same holster. On these models, the barrel end is about 1/2" longer (well, actually closer to 15/32"), and the butt end is a bit different, but between is the SAME. In other words, if you had a holster that fit the glock 19 flush with the end of the barrel, then teh 17 would have the same fit, but protrude a little less than half an inch out the end (which in some cases is likely just fine).

To make sure I understand both of you correctly. My 19 holster will also fit a 23 and 32. It is all the same. The difference between the 19/23/32 and the 17/22/31 is the barrel length. Just to make sure we are all on the same page.

The difference between the 19, 23 and 32 are calibers the outside of the gun dimensions are the same. The difference betwee 19/23/32 and the 17/22/31 is barrel length. If you have a 19 you can do a holster for a 19 23 or a 32 and if you take into consideration the barrel length you can do one for a 17, 22, 0r 31. I have a 17 and a 19 so with just those two I can make a holster for all of the above listed models. with out consideration for barrel length.

Look at it this way. Gun companies like to be able to save money where they can too. And tooling is one of those places. The 19/23/32 use the same frame and slide with differences internally. M&P's and XD's are built the same way too. Lots of companies streamline their production that way.

Take the XDs for example. The .45 and 9mm are the same size externally. But the 9mm weighs more because the barrel is thicker. The barrel is thicker so it will fill up the .45 size hole in the end of the slide.

This is exactly the kind of thing i was talking about ina previous thread.

What blue gun is the best money spent as a new holster maker. IE the blue gun that I can make the most holsters from.

This is exactly the kind of thing i was talking about ina previous thread.

What blue gun is the best money spent as a new holster maker. IE the blue gun that I can make the most holsters from.

Start by looking in the same line; i.e. Glock, XD, M&P, Kahr, and Taurus all have some like this. You will find that the OD does not change with the caliber. Some companies do this with their products. Blue guns being able to fit guns from other companies are a bit more unusually, but it does happen. If I can get the dedicated blue gun, I go that route. But sometimes I can cross fit something. I did that with the Sig 2022 for a while, it was a dead ringer for an XD. Finally just picked up the blue gun.

Best bet is spend some time on Google when you have a question. If I can find solid evidence it will work, I'll go for it. If not, I turn the customer down.

To make sure I understand both of you correctly. My 19 holster will also fit a 23 and 32. It is all the same. The difference between the 19/23/32 and the 17/22/31 is the barrel length. Just to make sure we are all on the same page.

That is correct. The 17 is not quite 1/2" longer than the 19. The 19 is also shorter in the grip, but that likely has no bearing on your holster.

You could, for example, make a holster that fits the 19, with the muzzle set back about 1/4" inside the end. You could then take out the 19, put in the 17, and it will fit the SAME way, but will protrude a bit less than 1/4". SAME fit.

OH - Jason threw a lot of info in a short time, so I'll just add that (in case you OR the next guy didn't know) the XD's are Springfield and the M&P's are Smith/Wesson.

Good to get all the information you can from the customer. I can't count the number of times I've talked to "holster makers" who want to make a rig for their '1911'. That covers 50 different models, so a holster "for a 1911" means basically nuthin'. It's like going to the parts store and asking for a new starter for your Chevy - doesn't mean much to them, either.