piheart

190Lr/r Needle Not Work For My Pfaff 1245, Too Long :(

Hi Guys!

I just bought needle for my pfaff 1245, but they all can't use. ones I got are 190 LR ( leather point I think ), I got 20# and 18#, doesn't work, stich skips, I attached photos here, please take a look.

I also got another one which is 190 R, thought maybe it can use for thick fabric like canvas, but it doesn't work too, stich skips, can't sew at all :(

I compared the one that I got from seller ( the guy who sold me this machine ), he gave me few, works great! these needles are shorter than 190LR and 190 R.

I measured : 190 R and LR length is 1.7 inch.

my old one ( that guy gave to me, is Organ needle too ) is 1.55 inch.

So I'm wondering what needle is that? anyone knows and can help me? ( I also will ask 190LR needle ebay seller tomorrow, m, but that's what pfaff 1245 manual says and few people on this forum told me 190 LR or R is right needle )

here is what I asked before about this needle:

http://leatherworker...showtopic=49313

Thank you guys always! :)

post-38443-0-11531900-1387092034_thumb.j

post-38443-0-72421500-1387092051_thumb.j

post-38443-0-71241600-1387095059_thumb.j

post-38443-0-47675200-1387095065_thumb.j

post-38443-0-17095100-1387095141_thumb.j

Edited by piheart

The machine's needle bar must have been lowered to use system 135x16 (&x17), or possibly system 134-35 LR needles. Both are approximately 1 3/4" long. The 134-35 have a narrower top shaft diameter than the 135x16 needles, which are the same top diameter as system 190.

Thank you! Wiz! You always helping and teaching us here :)

So I should try 134-35 needle, right? oh, this needle took me long time to figure out.

i just took a close look ( words is super small ), # 22 is organ, # 22 and # 24 are SCHMETZ.

Organ is exactly 1 3/4'' long.

SCHMETZ is short little bit, maybe just 1mm different.

Edited by piheart

small needle, many difference!!!

I only have two Organ needles works now, one is # 20, another one is # 22.

# 22 is 1 3/4'' long, ROUND point.

# 20 is shorter liitle bit but almost same length, is a V point.

Edited by piheart

It appears that you have a mixture of system 134-35 and 135x17 needles. You must find the type that works the best for your current timing and stick with that type. Or, move the needle bar up or down to place the pick up point of the hook a little (~2 or 3 mm) above the eye of the needle, as it comes around and begins its upstroke.

The easiest way to set the height of the needle bar is by removing the throat cover plate so that you can actually see the needle's position and its eye, as the hook approaches it.

System 135x16 and 135x17 are the most commonly deployed needles for upholstery grade walking foot machines. They are 1.75" long and available wherever industrial sewing machines are sold and serviced.

Why use system 135x16 rather than 190 LR?

The Pfaff system 190 needles are longer and tend to bend or break more easily. They are deflected by lumps in layers, like skived folds on the edges of leather jackets and vests. After a couple of years of fighting with them, I converted my two flatbed walking foot machines back to system 135 and rarely bend or break a needle. This means I can't sew as much thickness on those machines as before, but they still make it to 3/8 inch. I sew anything over 3/8 on my big Cowboy CB4500.

Wiz, Wiz!! I just called the guy who sold me pfaff, he said is 135-17!!! you are right!

I looked here:

http://stores.ebay.c...&_sid=759939546

it has different 135-17, dpx and dp, and Organ 135x17 Walking Foot Sewing Needle. which kind should I get? or they all work for my pfaff? which's difference of dpx and dp?

Thank you so much for your help!!! :)

Edited by piheart

In system 135, x16 is leather point (any geometric shape from chisel to diamond) and x17 is standard round point.

yeah, the organ need that I got from machine owner, stich looks really good on leather!

Order some series 136x16 leather point needles in the appropriate sizes for the thread you intend to use. Here is a thread and needle size chart to explain the combinations. You can order needles from the company (Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines).

Edited by Wizcrafts

13 minutes ago, Sticks said:

Yh saw them five mins after posting lol..

Smallest was 90/14 though. Hopefully should work for 60s nylon.? Maybe too small for 40s.? (#69)

I think that this thread and needle chart may help you choose the best combinations.