builderofstuff

Another Simple Lace Making Tool

So I've been really happy with the performance of my lace thinning and beveling tool and that got me to wondering if I could do something similar to cut the lace in the first place instead of using my Tandy lace cutter. Now, I'm pretty happy with the Tandy lace cutter, but the size range is a bit limited. So I whipped up a quick prototype using some clear acrylic and another one of the 608 rollerblade bearings. This one is in a fixed position, but I'm thinking about integrating this into my other lace making tool design so that it's adjustable for cutting different widths of lace.

Chris

www.builderofstuff.com

post-15942-034695600 1280512046_thumb.jp

post-15942-096615000 1280512061_thumb.jp

post-15942-061483700 1280512073_thumb.jp

post-15942-024280000 1280512088_thumb.jp

Very nice Chris. It looks and sounds as though you enjoy making gadgets like this as well as you do pounding leather.:specool:

Very nice Chris. It looks and sounds as though you enjoy making gadgets like this as well as you do pounding leather.:specool:

Yeah I'm one of those people that just can't leave well enough alone. hahaha I've already gone back and added this feature into my lace making tool design, the next version I make will be able to do it all, cut the lace, thin the lace, and bevel the lace.

Chris

Yeah I'm one of those people that just can't leave well enough alone. hahaha I've already gone back and added this feature into my lace making tool design, the next version I make will be able to do it all, cut the lace, thin the lace, and bevel the lace.

Chris

I can't wait so see it!!

I see you're in Missouri. You might want to take a few to the swap/sale night at the IFOLG show in St. Louis in October.

I see you're in Missouri. You might want to take a few to the swap/sale night at the IFOLG show in St. Louis in October.

Yep, North Central. I'm about 2 1/2 hours from St. Louis. I almost ordered up enough material to make up 7 of them yesterday, but I didn't for fear that no one would want to buy one and then I'd be stuck with them. I mean there's only so many lace making tools a guy needs. hahaha

Chris

Edited by builderofstuff